Recipes for ARM

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always smile when i slap stuff with my rectangle.

so maybe cook something that needs to take a beating? like a meat dish that needs the meat flattened and thinned a bit? i love slapping stir fry meats to make them thinner.

slapping down a clove of garlic into miniscule pieces (a paste) is a no brainer.

or better yet. something that needs a meat mince. i love taking two cleavers and getting a drum beat going as i dice the meat into a grind.

just a thought.

I make mushrooms stuffed with sautéed finely diced green apple and mushrooms with Italian sausage and topped with Parm. I've also made it as something of a side dish with the the mushrooms diced up and cooked with everything else.

I make mushrooms stuffed with sautéed finely diced green apple and mushrooms with Italian sausage and topped with Parm. I've also made it as something of a side dish with the the mushrooms diced up and cooked with everything else.

Oh yeah duxelles is perfect for cleaver testing. Shallot, garlic, herb, and tons of spongy/springy mushrooms to dice or smash. Thanks for the idea.

If this looks appealing I can drop the recipe. Cajun chicken stew recipe for when shrimpers were tired of eating seafood on the boat.

20240226_180737.jpg

Crying tiger steak is also a fun recipe. I use the cleaver spine to beat the hell out of a sirloin before it goes in the marinade. I usually throw it in lettuce cups or make a bowl

20230807_210843.jpg

If this looks appealing I can drop the recipe. Cajun chicken stew recipe for when shrimpers were tired of eating seafood on the boat.

View attachment 307231

Crying tiger steak is also a fun recipe. I use the cleaver spine to beat the hell out of a sirloin before it goes in the marinade. I usually throw it in lettuce cups or make a bowl

View attachment 307232
Not the OP, but would love the recipe for the Cajun chicken stew.

@tay314 here is the Boat Chicken recipe:

Skin-on, bone-in chicken (you can use a whole cut-up fryer or thighs, drumsticks, whatever you prefer; thighs are easy and good. For the quantities below I’d use 6-8 thighs)
Italian dressing wishbone
1 large sweet or yellow onion, chopped
1 green pepper chopped
4-5 green onions, sliced thinly, separate green and white parts
1 stalk celery, minced (include leaves if you have them)
8-10 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley (I'm lazy and use a whole bouquet. Half goes in pot, rest is garnish)
2-4 Tbs salted butter
1-2 Tbs canola or vegetable oil (not olive oil)
~2-4 Tbs all-purpose flour
1-2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 beer (I used fat tire or Guinness for a malty dark flavor, you can use a light pilsner like budweiser for different flavor profile)
Water if needed for more liquid
Wishbone Italian dressing
Seasonings

Brown chicken skin side down in a little butter and oil. Let the skin get nice and brown. Once the skin releases from the pan, flip and brown the other side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a platter.

Sauté all veggies in chicken renderings plus 1 Tbs butter and 1 Tbs oil. Hold out the garlic, green part of green onions, and about half the parsley at first.

Try to get the onions to brown a bit but not burned. Once nice and soft, add garlic, green onion tops and lower the heat a bit. Once all veggies are soft, sprinkle flour in slowly and incorporate. Let the roux cook over low-med heat and get a little golden or hazelnut color (5-8 mins). Slowly whisk or stir in 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock, 1 beer, and 1/2 small bottle Wishbone Italian dressing (maybe 1/3 cup?), and the rest of the parsley. Put chicken and any accumulated juices back in the pot. Simmer until a good bit of the liquid has reduced and it looks thickened. I usually add some black pepper, Tony’s, and a splash or two of soy sauce towards the end. The soy adds salt but with a nice umami flavor. If the gravy doesn’t thicken up enough to suit you, mix 1 Tbs flour and 2 Tbs water in a small glass jar. Shake it vigorously to mix. Slowly add a little at a time to the pot and stir, continue adding and stirring until you’re happy with the viscosity.

Serve over rice with French bread to mop up all the deliciousness.

Skin-on, bone-in chicken (you can use a whole cut-up fryer or thighs, drumsticks, whatever you prefer; thighs are easy and good. For the quantities below I’d use 6-8 thighs)
1 green pepper chopped
3 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley (I'm lazy and use a whole bouquet. Half goes in pot, rest is garnish)
2-4 Tbs salted butter
1 beer (I used fat tire or Guinness for a malty dark flavor, you can use a light pilsner like budweiser for different flavor profile)
Seasonings

Brown chicken skin side down in a little butter and oil. Let the skin get nice and brown. Once the skin releases from the pan, flip and brown the other side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a platter.

Sauté all veggies in chicken renderings plus 1 Tbs butter and 1 Tbs oil. Hold out the garlic, green part of green onions, and about half the parsley at first.

Try to get the onions to brown a bit but not burned. Once nice and soft, add garlic, green onion tops and lower the heat a bit. Once all veggies are soft, sprinkle flour in slowly and incorporate. Let the roux cook over low-med heat and get a little golden or hazelnut color (5-8 mins). Slowly whisk or stir in 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock, 1 beer, and 1/2 small bottle Wishbone Italian dressing (maybe 1/3 cup?), and the rest of the parsley. Put chicken and any accumulated juices back in the pot. Simmer until a good bit of the liquid has reduced and it looks thickened. I usually add some black pepper, Tony’s, and a splash or two of soy sauce towards the end. The soy adds salt but with a nice umami flavor. If the gravy doesn’t thicken up enough to suit you, mix 1 Tbs flour and 2 Tbs water in a small glass jar. Shake it vigorously to mix. Slowly add a little at a time to the pot and stir, continue adding and stirring until you’re happy with the viscosity.

Thankya. Looking forward to trying it.

Julianne some vegetables and call it slaw. Make an oil and vinegar dressing or whatever you like. Vegetables - grab what you have or like and pick a few of: carrots, celery, apples, turnip/daikon/radish, pear, fennel, cabbage, jicama, peppers, herbs, scallions, etc.

1 green pepper chopped
2-4 Tbs salted butter
Seasonings

Thanks for posting!

1 green pepper chopped
2-4 Tbs salted butter
Seasonings

Made tonight for dinner w/ red beans and rice. Fantastic recipe! Printed and put it straight into the book. Thanks brother.

Just made a yellow curry using my @eddworks nakiri, plenty of chopping.

Also prepped the veg & mirepoix for a chuck roast tomorrow. Classic me not taking a picture.

Also, still not a fan of prepping my kids meals with a rectangle. It’s just so much easier and faster for me to use a little 90mm petty lol

So yeah... Gonna need you to keep your phone handy...Mmmmm...kkkkkk?

So yeah... Gonna need you to keep you phone handy...Mmmmm...kkkkkk?
Wife took a picture of the finished product (minus the potatoes).
IMG_4983.jpeg

Saved some of the veggies before adding the sauce since it’s got a bit too much spice for the kiddo. Added one of his pouches to his so he can eat with mom and dad.

IMG_4984.jpeg

Honestly his tastes pretty dang good too

Back