Request for contact/resolution

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pierre, I'm not writing to join in the fray. I do however want resolution now that it has come to light how extensive the list of outstanding work is.
I have paid $1300 deposit since July 2012. The order is for 6 custom Damascus steak knives, designed like mini Wa handled petty knives with high quality figured wood blocks and with a visible aesthetic san-mai cladding pattern.
I have been patient and understanding and polite with you for 4 years, and always hoping that your health recovers and resending emails when you say you lost records. If you are not yet well, I remain hopeful that you will ultimately recover.
At this point, I would like to have a full refund for the money I paid. I have all the threads in my inbox where you confirmed payment receipt, and also our record of discussion for the custom work.
This is a large sum of money to me for work that I have not seen in 4 years.
Please let me know if you would like me to post the confirmation messages as public record. I also have a previous knife from you that I enjoy and am very pleased with.
Feel free to email me at (deleted) if you wish to discuss further, though I can also be reached here in post or on PM. I have records of all my emails as well if that is helpful to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pierre, I'm not writing to join in the fray. I do however want resolution now that it has come to light how extensive the list of outstanding work is.
I have paid $1300 deposit since July 2012. The order is for 6 custom Damascus steak knives, designed like mini Wa handled petty knives with high quality figured wood blocks and with a visible aesthetic san-mai cladding pattern.
I have been patient and understanding and polite with you for 4 years, and always hoping that your health recovers and resending emails when you say you lost records. If you are not yet well, I remain hopeful that you will ultimately recover.
At this point, I would like to have a full refund for the money I paid. I have all the threads in my inbox where you confirmed payment receipt, and also our record of discussion for the custom work.
This is a large sum of money to me for work that I have not seen in 4 years.
Please let me know if you would like me to post the confirmation messages as public record. I also have a previous knife from you that I enjoy and am very pleased with.
Feel free to email me at (deleted) if you wish to discuss further, though I can also be reached here in post or on PM. I have records of all my emails as well if that is helpful to you.

Might not want to post your email on a public forum my friend...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, if any of the moderators can delete the email from the posts, appreciate it. Thanks. I have already emailed Pierre.

Morning gentlemen. Just a quick update. As I work out of town, I don't always have internet service. So just a quick note.
I have 14 knives profiled and heat treated. I am making progress.

Morning gentlemen. Just a quick update. As I work out of town, I don't always have internet service. So just a quick note.
I have 14 knives profiled and heat treated. I am making progress.

Get my email? Just checking to see if your Paypal funds cleared for the refund. Thanks!

As someone that was one of the first in for customs from Pierre, this thread has me amazed. I'm not going to make judgment from either perspective, but I'll say that Pierre has always been professional, helpful, and giving in my customer interactions with him. He must really be struggling if any of this occurred. His knives are some of my favorite go-to knives, I'm glad I have a few.

Yeah, he was one of my first customs too. Then he took a deposit from me like 5 years ago for a second knife, and hasn't replied to a ******* email since.

On Jul 10, you told me I'd have a refund by the end of the week since you had to wait for funds to clear PayPal. On Jul 25, I checked in with you and you are still waiting on getting a "balance of funds together".

Now I cannot reach you. Please just refund my money. If you need to do a wire transfer or check, like I said, let me know.

Hopefully you get this.

Just got my refund in full via Western Union check. Let me know if you want me to update the spreadsheet somehow to keep track.

Pierre

Just send you an email about the deposit refund . Please reply

Seems to have fallen by the wayside again.

I'd still really like my refund.

Still here. I have a couple pieces completed and shipped. Also near completion on a couple more. I am making slow progress. I have turned down some new orders as well, until I can get the current complete.

I appreciate you patience.

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Hi Pierre 4 years from promised completion date and still waiting for my 6 dammy steak knives. Hope you'll get round to finishing them and sending them out

Pierre, I have also been asking for update, please check emails and respond.

Email sent

(didn't see this thread til today)

Hey Pierre Seeing your profile, you havent logged on since 2016.
Can we get an update on your status?

I think you pretty much answered your own question, unfortunately ...

It's not a big surprise since the sub-forum has been removed from public view, and I presume the only reason this thread can be found is because if the timeline, but I saved the link last time :evilgrin:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/forumdisplay.php/48-Rodrigue-Knives

I would encourage the mods/admins to make this subforum visible until such time that all those affected have been made whole again. I'm kind of surprised nobody said anything as there were a lot of ppl and a lot of $ involved.

PS - Mikey's subforum which was reopened after I complained about the outstanding work is still open although it is now resolved (unless there are others still?) which is kinda nice because there are some beautiful pictures

Back