Request for contact/resolution

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please keep this thread opened. I found a lost reference to a knife I purchased (see sub link above).

From my (disinterested) vantage point, a bunch of people gathered here and ultimately threatened to contact law enforcement or initiate some form of civil action, at which point P.R. temporarily came out of the woodwork, promised to make amends -- thereby buying time -- and then disappeared back into the ether. Although you never know for sure, I don't see any reason to expect that this dynamic will change in the future. Seems like everyone knows what's going on here, but some sort of norm is preventing folks from taking the action necessary to set this right. Oh well.

It is now visible, at least for some time. But since he is no longer a vendor, it was made not visible in the list of vendors.

Any updates from the affected people on this? I'm in the same boat and trying to sort things out.

All,

Until I'm able to find his face on a obituary page I'm still hopeful .. though the years are starting to pass.. Last he told me in 2016 was that he had the blanks made and would start crafting my razor. that was ordered in 2015.
His Instagram account has been in-active since 2016 also.

He called me when this all started happening, i didnt want to release it ... but i will now ...

The story I received from the over the phone conversation (had a blocked number):

He told me that he got injured working in the oil fields. Some how a competitor company or his company got him to open a door that had piping hot toxic fumes that he breathed in and damaged his lungs. Specifically burning the inside of his lungs, trachea, and specifically bronchus ends. Not sure the full extent of the damage, but he was talking normally, casually describing what had happened.

The reason nobody got their money back is that he was having a lot of money issues and couldn't afford anything. Supporting his 3 girls was very difficult. Admittedly I dont fully understand this because if he got injured on the job, especially in the oil fields the compensation is very active and should be taking care of you. Especially with steaming hot toxic fumes that damage your lungs, its not like a back ache that is hard to prove. On top of that hes Canadian and we have free healthcare, so free healthcare.

That all being said he did tell me that he couldn't breath well, and that using the forge was very very hard. Even doing grinding work would cause a lot of fumes/particles to be released and be very painful, and he wasn't able to use a mask.

Not sure if anybody else has any experiences with him.

If anybody wants to see if they can make contact ...
Pierre Rodrigue - Canada, Alberta, Lloydminster

Linkedin profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/pierre-rodrigue-1315a747/?originalSubdomain=ca

Cheers,
Lucas

Last edited:
What was his excuse in the years leading up to his injury... just one more line of ********...**** pierre.

The reason nobody got their money back is that he was having a lot of money issues and couldn't afford anything. Supporting his 3 girls was very difficult.

What was his excuse in the years leading up to his injury... just one more line of ********...**** pierre.
I had that same excuse about 2 years before the injury. Thankfully I was only out $230 or so.

It's sad, as when I worked with him a few years earlier to get a trio of custom knives, it was a very good experience. He seemed like a nice/ genuine person. Unfortunately once he apparently got into financial trouble his dealings and demeanor too a drastic downhill turn. He and Eamon Burke will forever be remembered on the knife forums as people who shafted others to tend to their families, and did not try to make things right.

Latest posts

Back