Restaurant bans young children

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this because of all those mokume bolsters that you don't have cash :)

Btw, when I took my 6 month old to that restaurant, it was odd. The restaurant turned out to be the perfect place to do it. About a third of the people were suspect and you could see they were expecting a meltdown, another third were complimentary and said the kid was well behaved, and the other third were inspired thinking they just might be able to keep on going to good restaurants when they finally have kids. It was a small room with only 11 tables, so it was fairly easy to get a read on the people -- more or less.

k.

I don't see what's wrong with serving small children in fine restaurants.

With fava beans a nice Chianti, those tender little livers can be faaaaabulous!

nothing is wrong with serving anybody and in fact i bet most fine dining charge more or enough it doesnt matter what the kid orders... if its a real meal great.. if its just buttered noodle fine the upcharge makes it worthwhile. this is not a question of food but a question of behavior and how people behave and how both sides the parent and the restaurant deal with the situation.

Another interesting article in the Wall Street Journal, this one about restaurants trying to attract parents with children. Some restaurants are making purees off of items on their menus.

One of the restaurants mentioned in the article noted that it was a challenge to set up a family friendly environment. In the evening if a child had a melt down, then they would send drinks to all the tables.

Jay

If they have a big enough VCM, they could probably puree annoying children. Then feed them to the parents.

As far as the second situation is concerned, why don't they just promote a 'screaming child night' and level the playing field? Then they wouldn't have to comp anything!
Carpet cleaning costs may be prohibitive, though. :scratchhead:

As far as the second situation is concerned, why don't they just promote a 'screaming child night' and level the playing field? Then they wouldn't have to comp anything!
Carpet cleaning costs may be prohibitive, though. :scratchhead:

Isn't that the Chuck E Cheese business model?

I went to Chuck E Cheese one time when my (now 24 yr old) nephew was only about 8 or so yrs old and I swore that I'd never step foot in one of those places again. Thankfully they served beer at the time so I was able to go the distance but now that's no longer available - forget about it - what a hellhole!

Back