San Francisco - KKF Gathering/Meetup

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1458432129.001886.jpg

Cutting some protein.

The gathering was absolutely wonderful. BIG Thank you to Lonnie and Anja for their spectacular generosity in opening their home, feeding us, hosting and setting up the wine tasting. Thank you to Mike for the organization, and for Ian and Taylor to take time from their busy schedule to come all the way here and provide their charm and expertise. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, your enthusiasm and your cherished knives. What an incredible collection of knives over food, drinks and talk. I am humbled and thankful.

Ernesto

a few pics from yesterday:

20160319_125740_zpscffodiub.jpg

20160319_135855_zps7ohxbwde.jpg

Thanks so much to Lonnie and Anja for hosting us, Mike for organizing, and everyone else! Definitely have a ways to go in the knife arms race... :biggrin:

-Lawrence

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1458508444.103143.jpg

Someone left their shades here. Let me know and I will get them to you.

Thanks everyone for coming out!

As everyone said Lonnie and Anya were the most amazing hosts ever!

Really happy to have met everyone else, it was a complete pleasure. We will have to do another =D

Mike and Lonnie did an excellent job planning a memorable West Coast Gathering. Huge thanks to Lonnie and Anja (sp?) for hosting us.

We have to start somewhere, an original Guy Fieri:

r0rXilFh.jpg

Lonnie organized a wine tasting at Del Dotto:

nYdDXzdh.jpg

6qGeAN5h.jpg

Back at the house:

R35X48vh.jpg

Shig "problems":

4D5ogJah.jpg

Ealy and more Shigs:

Ayuj6Whh.jpg

A few Carters and single bevels:

rmbJLRQh.jpg

Glc brought a stunning new Billip, a slick Devin, and Kramer 52100:

thMZDtLh.jpg

Sounds like everyone had a great time, if I was out anywhere near that neck of the woods I would've signed up too. Lots of beautiful knives and Lonnie I absolutely love your kitchen, the range is something special.

I had a great time! Thanks to everyone for putting this together! A big shout out to Lonnie and Anja for hosting. You truly made me feel welcome coming in to your home. As for the knives, it's not everyday that you get to walk in to a room full of so many unicorns. Loved seeing your work in person Ian! Great knives, not just aesthetics, but great cutters as well. A very memorable event, and I hope to attend more of these in the future!

This can't avoid being fun. Looks like a good time.

I'm so sad I had to miss this. been busy trying to buy a new house.

then...just in case we were NOT BUSY ENOUGH, wife changed her mind and we are selling our first home...that SAT was a day of signing papers and making a to-do list from our super selling agent. wine and knife play sounded a billion times more fun.

You will have to come next time!

We will have to cut more things next time =D

Back