Serenity Knives passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent 2 days with this...it was an interesting experience. I spent a good while examining the knife before re-reading Son's critique, mostly as a test to see how my ability in this regard has improved. I was able to identify almost all of the things Son did.

I used it to make some chicken soup, a fruit salad, and to slice some crusty baugette. I thought it was a respectable cutter, though I could definitely feel it flexing and some slight steering when cutting through a very large onion. it did a fair job on the baugette, though not as good as my masamoto VG gyuto which seemed to deform the loaf less.

It did a really good job cutting chicken breasts into a 1/4" dice, very clean cuts, with not much effort.

the spine really needs a bit of rounding, I think I've become quite spoiled about this.

Son, thanks for letting me check this out...it was a really good experience. I think this guy will be making some nice knives with a bit more experience and refinement.

I'm travelling for work tomorrow but will try to get this in the post to Crothcipt upon arrival at my destination.

Just got it today. It was my fault I didn't get my address to him in time. First impression is "not bad."

Sorry I hadn't said anything but I sent it off to Eamon quite some time ago. Before he posted about what is going on.

Looking at pm's that was over a month ago.

Back