Sharpening- who sits who stands?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sharpen on my dining table, lay a piece of newspaper below the stone, and get ready a piece of foam soaked in water and soap. I wipe off the clogged stones with it, soapy water is better than plain water/oil for lubricant on non-water stones.

I just sharpened an old, dull heavy cleaver on that table. I won't be able to get the right angle while standing, I have full control while sitting and watching my movements.

I stand on one leg.

I've been watching your YouTube sharpening videos very closely, so I can follow as precisely as possible exactly what you do, in order to eventually become almost as skilled as you are. So please tell me which leg you stand on; I don't want to get such an important detail wrong. (And, since I'm left-handed, should I stand on the opposite leg?)

I've downloaded the same remixes as you use, so I can get that detail right.

I normally stand but at home I sit down sometimes either works well

I would sit if I could but I have no furniture. Once I sat in the bathtub naked and sharpened. I had to find a box to use as a table for my stone.

Confirmed to my wife that I'm a weirdo. I wish I was joking.

Kitchen was undergoing renovations at the time and my reasoning was that I didn't want to get the bathroom counter dirty.

Stand. Never tried sitting. Will have to give it a try some time

Latest posts

Back