SHAVE OF THE DAY

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube;uxyAC6Lb0Is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyAC6Lb0Is&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

Razor: Fatboy set to 5
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: NewForest Tubby 1
Soap: Cella
ASB: Bulldog
EDT: Boss Soul

Shave nr2 with the DE. Meeeh, stil not very impressed with the shave it delivered, cant get the same easy close shave as i get with my straights.

DSC01469_zps61f87297.jpg

I will never admit that I just watched a 7 minute video of a man shaving his face while listening to a techno Enrique Inglesias song in the background. That razor is badass!

Razor: Kropp 7/8 Custom Ebony
Brush: M&F Xl2
Soap: NSS Marzipan
EDT: Hypnose

One fast ATG pass today with perfect result.

DSC01479_zpsd291a3b4.jpg

Razor: Heljestrand nr6 6/8
Brush: M&F l7
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
AS: Dr.Harris Sandalwood

i put a 16k shapton finish on this one, and a few laps on 0.25 micron diamond spray on tanned bark. shaved like a dream.
took a photo with my Dino scope on the bevel.

DSC01523_zps9e415434.jpg

HeljestrandEdge_zps07255287.jpg

Razor: Erik Anton Berg Frameback Real T-Shell
Brush: Neep Tall Deepmount Extra ST 26mm T-Shell imitation
Cream: Cella
EDT: Rochas Man

Since it was my birthday yesterday i got myself this NOS razor. IMO one of the best looking framebacks i seen. Had a shave with it this morning with the edge i put on it yesterday. Needs a cpl more swipes on the escher (the Anton Berg Razors are always very hard in the steel and needs more attention on the hones :)), but other then that it was superb. Its very light and well balanced. I have always had a thing for the framebacks.

DSC01555_zps53210701.jpg

Razor: Heljestrand MK133
Brush: Simpson T3
Cream: GFT Spanish Leather
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

DSC03682_zps6fe49561.jpg

Razor: SSA 7/8
Brush: Simpson Commodore x3
Cream: NSS Marzipan
AS: Jean Paul Gaultier

The SSA's never fails. very good shave.

25_zpsd569bf92.jpg

Basic and Beautiful. All Proraso, with a Vie-Long. Finally using the new formula from Proraso, and it's unbelievably good.

81BEDD0E-E154-4566-97C7-0B50E910E00E-3538-00000484102F6DB9_zps4365b72f.jpg

Tought i would post this here. Hopefully someone finds it interesting :)

its a full progression of me honing a Japanese straight razor, With x250 magnification on the bevel of every step, finishing stone is a JNat. Hope you enjoy :) Shave video of this razor on the way.

[video=youtube;fKQPTNb2XVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKQPTNb2XVU&feature=share&list=UUW8eMt9iy0-4JakPtj_oOaA[/video]​

Razor: Towa Japanese Hollow
Brush: Neep Tall Zebra
Cream: GFT Spanish Leather
ASB: D&G
EDT: Boss Soul

Perfect Shave.

jnat_zps887718fa.jpg

Shave Vid
[video=youtube;z2KuGXShhN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2KuGXShhN0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUW8eMt9iy0-4JakPtj_oOaA[/video]​

Razor: KROPP 7/8 Ebony scale
Brush: Kent BK8
Soap: Cella
EDT: Hypnose

Super nice :)

DSC01484_zpse770434e.jpg

Razor: Thiers-Issard 69 Frameback, copper&horn scale
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1
Soap: Brooklyn to London

Great shave with with this restored 69 by a guy and myself.

DSC01618_zpsf4e15b9f.jpg

Before N after.
DSC01288_zps71174a7a.jpg

DSC01614_zps385e51fc.jpg

Razor: Dubl Duck Wonderedge 6/8
Brush: M&F xl2
Cream: GFT Coconut Oil
ASG: TOBS Sandalwood Gel

This Sunday shave was phénoménal :) Now it's time to make a sweet apple pie with homemade vanilla icecream.

DSC01650_zps36c864ea.jpg

Not ready to take on the straight razors, but did order a new DE Razor to get back into that side of it. Looking for a good scuttle as I can't seem to find my old one.

Not ready to take on the straight razors, but did order a new DE Razor to get back into that side of it. Looking for a good scuttle as I can't seem to find my old one.

Dirty Bird scuttles are nice, and the Russian Super Iridium blades (eBay, Badger and Blade have them occasionally) are the best I've ever used.

Pete - Thanks man!

Markenki - The GTF coconut makes a great lather and the coconut scent is very mild and milky witch i like.

Baby Huey - like cord_steele sugested, i have a dirty bird scuttle and i like it alot. i do recommend it.

Razor: Bengall CastSteel Wedge
Brush: 1899 Sterling silver bush
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood

Love this Bengall, big smile on my face and edge ;)

tomo1_zps74f8839b.jpg

DSC03262_zps976e5380.jpg

With the sterling work in the handle of that brush,it looks like an antique.Are those the original brush hairs & if so they still work after 114 years?

With the sterling work in the handle of that brush,it looks like an antique.Are those the original brush hairs & if so they still work after 114 years?

i have replaced the orginal boar hair with badger hair :)

What modern brush would you recomm.I got a tweezerman & it keeps shedding hairs.

Depends on what u wanna spend. Low range but good quality is new forest. Mid range rod neep. Highend simpson.m&f.rooney etc

Mr Magnus,

I have a question for you...I am getting really tired of trying to find razors that work GOOD and spend money on the replacement cartridges...What is the best DE suggestion...to do it quickly obviously

Mr Magnus,

I have a question for you...I am getting really tired of trying to find razors that work GOOD and spend money on the replacement cartridges...What is the best DE suggestion...to do it quickly obviously

Im not a DE user so i cant speak much about what is good and not. Maybe Tom/Lefty can help you

Thanks Mr. Magnus I will check into the brushes.

CoqaVin I got the Merkur long handle chrome finish,I have seen it for under 40.00.I like it alot I found if I take the blade out & clean it after shaving a blade will last quite a while.Cuz it is DE,I just flip the head around after half shave & use the other side.I got good info. here get a sample blade set to see what blade you like the best.If you buy in bulk the blades are cheap.

Thinking about getting a butterfly head, an old one in good shape is a good bet.Mr. Magus turned me on to Dr. Harris Sandlewood aftershave.It's good stuff & a small bottle will last.I use tiny amount everyday & hardly put a dent in the bottle after months of use.

Thanks Mr. Magnus I will check into the brushes.

CoqaVin I got the Merkur long handle chrome finish,I have seen it for under 40.00.I like it alot I found if I take the blade out & clean it after shaving a blade will last quite a while.Cuz it is DE,I just flip the head around after half shave & use the other side.I got good info. here get a sample blade set to see what blade you like the best.If you buy in bulk the blades are cheap.

Thinking about getting a butterfly head, an old one in good shape is a good bet.Mr. Magus turned me on to Dr. Harris Sandlewood aftershave.It's good stuff & a small bottle will last.I use tiny amount everyday & hardly put a dent in the bottle after months of use.

Which blades do you use? shaving cream or soap? I don't know anything about this stuff

Back