Shig alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most ecommerce websites leave an item in stock until the payment is processed- all systems are different but if it's an automated system all stock is probably fair game until the system sees you've paid up.

I've resigned myself to never getting one. I just hope three different people got lucky and not one person bought all three.

Saw the link before the email, added to my cart and proceeded with paypal checkout. It wouldn't let me complete the checkout and now the gyuto is sitting in my cart. Is it unfair to ask that once you've got it in your cart you should have a minute or two to complete checkout before someone else buys it from under you?

Yes I'm bitter.

I have to say you made me a feel better. Sorry though that is a tough spot =/

I'll be sitting this one out as I recently got one, hope Smurfmacaw is on the ball…

Lol, didn't see it fast enough. Stupid job....keeps me too occupied to do what I really want sometimes. May have to drop his list because it's just too irritating dangit.

Saw the link before the email, added to my cart and proceeded with paypal checkout. It wouldn't let me complete the checkout and now the gyuto is sitting in my cart. Is it unfair to ask that once you've got it in your cart you should have a minute or two to complete checkout before someone else buys it from under you?

Yes I'm bitter.

Hah! At least you're honest.

Although- If the cart was the rule, I'd have thousands of dollars worth of years/months old dangling threads at this point in my late night online cart based ordering!

I've resigned myself to never getting one. I just hope three different people got lucky and not one person bought all three.

I was lucky enough to purchase 1 of them, so there are definitely multiple recipients for this batch.

Hey, how about an introduction? Always nice to meet another DC-area KKFer.

Definitely- I'll post to the introduction thread this evening! I've really enjoyed this forum since joining, and it's great to see the strong DMV area presence.

Tommy

He is referring to the non simplified version of the page. Something was lost in the translation

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/nzshinkai/1480769a

I do find it odd that it says "if beautiful finish is very important for you,
I do not recommend Shigefusa."

Shigs have excellent fit and finish and to say that about the kitaeji line???

240mm is too long for my job. Looking for a Western handle 210mm kitaji blade. Lol. Feel like never see it anywhere. So sad.

Oh, I see... thought the price was a bit high for a 210mm kitaeji

They have PayPal as a option so the risk should be minimal for presumptive buyers

I'd say Smurfmacaw should get this, but I've heard Rakuten is hit or miss if you have any issues with the order

I'm working it....rakuten is a crap shoot at best!

Make my life easier Tanner.......Waiving pocket watch.....you want to sell me the shig....you want to sell me the shig!!!! Either post a pic with a patina or you aren't respecting the knife lol.:thumbsup:

Have you got one? I just check back the website. They sold out already. Lol

Not likely with Shigefusa, guessing that more than likely the meaning lost in translation is that these knives are fairly reactive.

+1

The translated page sadly omits the text :
"For KKF members who prize beautiful finish, please do not touch Shigefusa after purchase. Keep in a cool, dark place away from any food that might need to be cut."

I think he means a shigefusa being "imperfect" and "unfinnished" in the sense that no two knives are alike as opposed to a Global knife. They have a soul.

Dammit, I emailed them to confirm 240, and they were, but then they were both sold out....hopefully they acknowledge I sent an email much earlier stating I'd buy it if it was 240 but otherwise it looks like Tanner is just going to have to send me his to keep me from crying......:spiteful:

I'm working it....rakuten is a crap shoot at best!

Make my life easier Tanner.......Waiving pocket watch.....you want to sell me the shig....you want to sell me the shig!!!! Either post a pic with a patina or you aren't respecting the knife lol.:thumbsup:

I tried taking a picture but the glare from the glass on my display case made it look bad :razz: :justkidding:. I'll post some knife p0rn once I get the shigs rehandled.

Trigger pulled... Expecting severe and swift retribution from my wife.

And not caring.

Back