Shipping to Canada

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously @Frosty thank you so much for taking the time to write all this. It's always very complicated to understand the fees and it varies so much from one company to another. With FedEx and UPS I pay customs clearance fees 90% of the time. The remaining 10%, who knows why I don't pay fees!

I do exactly that when I ship to the United States by checking the warranty or repair box to avoid fees for the customer, while having full coverage with insurance.

Thanks again for this!

Seriously @Frosty thank you so much for taking the time to write all this. It's always very complicated to understand the fees and it varies so much from one company to another. With FedEx and UPS I pay customs clearance fees 90% of the time. The remaining 10%, who knows why I don't pay fees!

I do exactly that when I ship to the United States by checking the warranty or repair box to avoid fees for the customer, while having full coverage with insurance.

Thanks again for this!

Happy to help! Every single time I've ever reached out to a member here for help or advice, I've been blown away at the lengths people here will go to help a virtual stranger. Least I can do is help where and when I can.

Sometimes with FedEx and UPS Ground I won't end up being charged import, and other times I'll think I wasn't charged only to get the bill in the mail a month or two later. I'm not sure what's up with that.

Also, for people in the US, there's an import exemption on items $2k USD and under last I heard. As long as the item has a total declared value less than that, no import fees/taxes should be incurred for the receiver. Two of my best friends live down in Texas, and we've traded stuff back and forth a bunch. The stark contrast between us Canadians having a $20 CAD exemption and people in the US having a $2000 USD exemption made me laugh at first, and then I got sad, haha🥲

By the way, you do some incredibly beautiful work Julien!

Happy to help! Every single time I've ever reached out to a member here for help or advice, I've been blown away at the lengths people here will go to help a virtual stranger. Least I can do is help where and when I can.

Sometimes with FedEx and UPS Ground I won't end up being charged import, and other times I'll think I wasn't charged only to get the bill in the mail a month or two later. I'm not sure what's up with that.

Also, for people in the US, there's an import exemption on items $2k USD and under last I heard. As long as the item has a total declared value less than that, no import fees/taxes should be incurred for the receiver. Two of my best friends live down in Texas, and we've traded stuff back and forth a bunch. The stark contrast between us Canadians having a $20 CAD exemption and people in the US having a $2000 USD exemption made me laugh at first, and then I got sad, haha🥲

By the way, you do some incredibly beautiful work Julien!
Thanks man, really sweet of you!

It's funny because EXACTLY 2 HOURS AGO I opened my mailbox and boom, a balance to pay from Fedex regarding a wood order that I had made last month. So yes, that too is another mystery.

At least we will console ourselves with our free health system and cross our fingers that our package will be processed 20 minutes before closing on Friday evening to avoid fees 😬

Thank you all for your information and experience. It was a learning experience.

And looking forward to those teak burl handles of course. And I did the Julien he did not have to comp the handle removal and rehandle of course, but it was extremely nice of him to offer..

Back