Shotguns

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst we're talking about shotguns and home security/safety I'm wondering if there's an available wall mountable shotgun rack that's child proof? I know this might be a stupid question to ask but it's been something that's been on my mind and I haven't been able to find an answer for it.

I saw this this other day and almost bought it. Not exactly what you asked for but may fit the bill. Notice the quick and easy combination lock thing on the top.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sent...Ntt=gun+safe&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

I'm having Randy make me a few dozen rounds of damascus hollowpoints.

Now... I just need an actual gun to put them in.

Chris, I too have a machete strapped to my bed.

Gotta love the machete; inexpensive and incredibly effective.

My buddy told me not to sharpen them, though. I guess when splitting a zombies head open, a well sharpened machete may get stuck easier....lol

Whilst we're talking about shotguns and home security/safety I'm wondering if there's an available wall mountable shotgun rack that's child proof? I know this might be a stupid question to ask but it's been something that's been on my mind and I haven't been able to find an answer for it.

A gun rack?

[video=youtube;JGyJOX5wFFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGyJOX5wFFg[/video]

:justkidding:

Gotta love the machete; inexpensive and incredibly effective.

My buddy told me not to sharpen them, though. I guess when splitting a zombies head open, a well sharpened machete may get stuck easier....lol

Mine is from walmart. They put a microbevel on the microbevel and its duller than one of the butter knifes Karring has been looking at.

No kids for me. Glock 19 in the bedside table to my left, and a .40 S&W Sig Sauer P229 in the bedside table to my right.

I keep a Ruger .357 snub nose with ported barrel, laser sight and hollow points in my room for home defense. No kids to worry about.

Hmmmpphhh! Frickin' Canada and bloody gun legislation! Guns with a trigger lock, in a locked box, in a locked cabinet, in a locked room, in somebody elses house in another town your not allowed to know the name of, just incase you have a bipolar disorder and you brain chemistry is off a wee bit, and you may or may not have had a dream where you thought you were allowed to defend yourself from the pretty pink bunnies running amuck in your back yard wielding kiritsuki tipped debas! I know... there are no kiritsuki tipped debas...

It seems like having a firearm for home defense and then having it locked up with the ammo in another room locked up just doesn't make sense to me but then again having a loaded accessible firearm in the house with kids isn't so smart either. With all the gun slinging folks in this country I'd have thought that there'd be a ton of solutions to this problem but it doesn't appear so. The biometric safe is pretty close to a good enough solution though.

Also a bat, cleaver, lamb splitter, 40 chef's knives, a tomahawk, and some hammers will work pretty well in a pinch too. I actually think a hammer is probably the best tool for close quarters bedroom combat there is just because you can't be called out for planning to injure your home invader with a simple hammer that everyone has laying around. :)

Well my 45 sits by me on my night stand and Dawn's by her on hers. Both loaded and ready to go. No kids in this house any more except for day time visits at which time the guns are on our person.

Well my 45 sits by me on my night stand and Dawn's by her on hers. Both loaded and ready to go. No kids in this house any more except for day time visits at which time the guns are on our person.

If you and Dawn ever get into a fight it'll be like the OK Coral other there. :D

Also a bat, cleaver, lamb splitter, 40 chef's knives, a tomahawk, and some hammers will work pretty well in a pinch too. I actually think a hammer is probably the best tool for close quarters bedroom combat there is just because you can't be called out for planning to injure your home invader with a simple hammer that everyone has laying around. :)[/QUOTE]
i like mine

i loves guns, but the two times i've had them pulled on me (i live in a university town that is half gentrified, half ghetto) i dared them to shoot me and then i kept walking. i'm still whole.

Siamese cat named Dusty aka The ConeyZac Killer. Adopted three special needs kids, I keep my KNIVES locked up. Have three Basset Hounds, but not counting on them! CZK on the other hand.... ask the 50+ rabbits he has given me!

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

Well I seem to have ignited oldmate's thread .

I made my first post in thought of sympathy for the OP , I could not imagine living in a place were you really need a weapon like this for your regular survival!

There are many parts of the world were this is a reality!!

I'm thankful for my life here in Yorkeys.

Rowan...

Well I seem to have ignited oldmate's thread .

I made my first post in thought of sympathy for the OP , I could not imagine living in a place were you really need a weapon like this for your regular survival!

There are many parts of the world were this is a reality!!

I'm thankful for my life here in Yorkeys.

Rowan...

Rowan,

I was born in Texas and raised around guns my entire life by my gun-toting redneck dad, I'm 100% comfortable around them and support the lawful right to possess them. That said, most of us don't need guns for our regular survival, but it's very nice security to have, just in case. Obviously, this doesn't apply to everyone, as some people have mentioned living in some sketchy neighborhoods, but most people really don't have a "need" for them.

I just don't want you to get the impression that it's a warzone here. There are lots of bad areas out here, but there are also lots of safe areas. Most people will never need to pull out or use their firearm in a self defense situation, but if that situation ever arises it's very reassuring to know that I know what to do and that I'm properly prepared.

Back when Randy Johnson was pitching well for the Mariners he was interviewed on some show and the topic of guns came up for some reason - I don't remember. Anyway, he said something to the effect of, I don't really care about guns... I keep a bucket of old baseballs next to my bed.

ha ha. Love that.

-M

Hmmmpphhh! Frickin' Canada and bloody gun legislation! Guns with a trigger lock, in a locked box, in a locked cabinet, in a locked room, in somebody elses house in another town your not allowed to know the name of, just incase you have a bipolar disorder and you brain chemistry is off a wee bit, and you may or may not have had a dream where you thought you were allowed to defend yourself from the pretty pink bunnies running amuck in your back yard wielding kiritsuki tipped debas! I know... there are no kiritsuki tipped debas...

Well, Pierre...the police will protect you if you need'em. Remember...when seconds count...a cop is only minutes away.

Speaking of home defence, I got my home broken into one time while I was still in it. Crazy, 2 guys battered down the front door and me and one of my friends were in my room watching TV, we basically leaned against the door while they tried to break it with hammers. The Police came after about 10 mins. The intruders broke every downstairs window and stole my computer sadly

One is currently not in my possession.

guns.jpg

Speaking of home defence, I got my home broken into one time while I was still in it. Crazy, 2 guys battered down the front door and me and one of my friends were in my room watching TV, we basically leaned against the door while they tried to break it with hammers. The Police came after about 10 mins. The intruders broke every downstairs window and stole my computer sadly

Well, see? Just like I said, the cops will be there when needed. <g> All things considered, it sounds like you got off lucky.

I keep a Ruger .357 snub nose with ported barrel, laser sight and hollow points in my room for home defense. No kids to worry about.

Not a fan of a ported barrel for home defense- the muzzle flash can temporarily blind you in a low light situation.

Wow, great point that I never considered. My dad bought it for my mom so that she'd have a nice, compact and powerful handgun that she would be able to shoot, but he ended up buying her something else later on. It was just sitting there unused and he gave me a great deal on it. I acquired it more out of convenience than anything else, it wouldn't have been my first choice had I been in a local shop and planning to buy new.

What did he end up buying her instead? Snub nosed revolvers in large calibers are not easy to handle for most people. Full sized guns are less punishing and far easier to shoot accurately.

I like a S&W 342PD scandium .38 CCW, .38 shells mixed with glasers. I will leave the mercury thing alone for this thread. Biosafe is a good way to store for me spring loaded doors to thumb print. Really like my dog he always watches my house and great for the kids.

Cor bon Powerballs +P

Glazers in the bed gun.

This thread is starting to sound like some of the card games I used to have with friends in studio city. Only thing missing is the Cuban cigars.

Had a friend give me a cane with a brass orb on top and heavy metal bars inside. Looks like any other cane and well balanced. Good friend.

Had a friend give me a cane with a brass orb on top and heavy metal bars inside. Looks like any other cane and well balanced. Good friend.

I had one of these for years until I walked off and left it in Mexico. Now I just have a standard cane , with a large crook, made from seasoned Oak. Formidable protection if you know what you're doing. And no one can tell you that you can't bring it on the plane.....YET. ;-)

Back