Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah his pricing on The website are in Australian but they do change to USD when you buy them. Honestly his prices are really cheap. Once they go to USD we finally get a decent exchange rate. If you message him on Instagram, he can send you an invoice that will convert to USD
He’s a very friendly and attentive guy - it’s easy to get a hold of him and I’m sure he’d accommodate!

New to me Via @nhb22

Fun intro into the Catcheside & kippington world

IMG_5395.jpeg
IMG_5396.jpeg
IMG_5398.jpeg
IMG_5399.jpeg
IMG_5400.jpeg
IMG_5401.jpeg

1000012613.jpg
finally took the leap and replaced my first japanese gyuto as my preferences have gotten more clear and I don't use it anymore. Was I little nervous at the price point, but what can I say, the hype is real. It really deserves a real writeup for those who can't hold one before they buy. Initial impression after cutting "okay, I get it"

so much incredible desert ironwood floating around lately!
Yeah agreed - those handles are the perfect balance between super premium but subtle to me.

Oooh! How's it perform?
I didn't have much in the house yesterday, but I used it to slice up an apple. It fell through easily and with a satisfying thunk. The blade is pretty thick all the way out to close to the tip, then tapers down. I was able to cut some paper thin slices with the tip. I plan on making something this weekend and will put it to the test some more, but overall I think I'm really going to like it. It's a good size for regular use.

He’s obsessed with the kitchenaid mixing 😅 but he helps all the time! Has his own little kitchen set. (Technically counts as a new knife buy!)
View attachment 320318
Haha, my daughter loves those knives. During a recent dinner prep she says "No dad, we need to use my knives. They're sharper." I proceeded to be kicked off the cutting board so she could cut the zucchini.

Feels great and I’m very excited to use. I’m sure the steel is forged well. The thickness on the spine matched with a thin edge sounds like a fun knife from Xerxes. I’m digging the lesser taper, much more “production” friendly.

Attachments

• IMG_5729.jpeg
    IMG_5729.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5730.jpeg
    IMG_5730.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5731.jpeg
    IMG_5731.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5732.jpeg
    IMG_5732.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5733.jpeg
    IMG_5733.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5734.jpeg
    IMG_5734.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Feels great and I’m very excited to use. I’m sure the steel is forged well. The thickness on the spine matched with a thin edge sounds like a fun knife from Xerxes. I’m digging the lesser taper, much more “production” friendly.
I received it this morning too. It does feel more “production” which I don’t like, but the knife is so fun to use.

What’s the balance like on this?

View attachment 320382finally took the leap and replaced my first japanese gyuto as my preferences have gotten more clear and I don't use it anymore. Was I little nervous at the price point, but what can I say, the hype is real. It really deserves a real writeup for those who can't hold one before they buy. Initial impression after cutting "okay, I get it"
Welcome to the cult brother!

Now we need to induct you into the Shindo nakiri club.

View attachment 320382finally took the leap and replaced my first japanese gyuto as my preferences have gotten more clear and I don't use it anymore. Was I little nervous at the price point, but what can I say, the hype is real. It really deserves a real writeup for those who can't hold one before they buy. Initial impression after cutting "okay, I get it"

Well ****, do we need a Shindo pass around? I have extras that I snagged for re-handle projects and can spare one.

Last edited:
Back