Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is such thing as a knife fairy and a knife wizard. A wa kitaeji and a yo kasumi have turned into a yo kitaeji :lolsign:

20140611_140850.jpg

20140611_140823.jpg

Nice Schanop!!! That's one of my unicorn knives right there.

How long is it - 270?

So, how did this happen? Did you sell off two other Shig's to fund this one? Was this a custom order? What was the lead time? Or... did you trade two other Shig's for this one f/ another owner?

Regardless, it's a beauty. Very envious. :thumbsup:

Shorter knives aren't always so popular around these parts, but I figured I'd share a snap of two new blades that seem like they'll suit me pretty well:

kRwtr5J.jpg

Carter 170mm and Shigefusa 180mm.

Another pic of the Carter; forgive the bad angle:
v1OTrdJ.jpg
I love my 240mm + Gyuto's, but I'm with you, I also love a shorter blade for quick tasks and the such.

The 2 blades you have here specifically are on my short list to round out my collection over the next year or so, along with a stainless paring knife like an Ealy or Adam Marr.

Just to confirm, your Shig is the Kasumi right?

These are really nice man, congrats.

Also delivered this week is the perfect GF knife. (Now I just have to find the perfect GF...)

2014-06-16 00.10.43.jpg

Sucks to be a carrot at my house on new knife day.:cool2:

I love my 240mm + Gyuto's, but I'm with you, I also love a shorter blade for quick tasks and the such.

The 2 blades you have here specifically are on my short list to round out my collection over the next year or so, along with a stainless paring knife like an Ealy or Adam Marr.

Just to confirm, your Shig is the Kasumi right?

These are really nice man, congrats.
Thanks! Yeah, the Shigefusa is the kasumi model. I think the kitaeji models are cool, but it's quite a premium to pay. I was leaning toward a 165mm kurouchi santoku originally, but I think I'm going to like the 180 gyuto. My collection is really drifting to the 160-180mm range and in my kitchen, the size is almost perfect. I think a 210mm is still useful to me for cabbage and other things that need a bit more edge, but a 180 is just more maneuverable and comfortable in my kitchen for my modest cooking output.

It's raining shigs in down under .. It was painful to not have a shig gyuto after seeing so many threads about it .Well after maxims discount I grabbed a Kasumi 270 gyuto , now I get to talk about the clouds on the cladding or complain about the reactivity now :)
On a side note the handle doesn't seem to be mounted as well as 210 mioroshi deba I had briefly , but I can live with that
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1403023059.940968.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

I thought for a moment that you were going to grab the BIG one. Nice score :doublethumbsup:

I posted these in the Korin subforum, but will RP them here :D My first j-knife haul:

DSCF9543.JPG

Misono Molybdenum Peeling Knife, Korin Special Inox Orange Handle Gyutou (210mm), Togiharu Nickel Damascus Nakiri
DSCF9545.JPG

I don't actually care for the Damascus style design, but I am loving the Nakiri a LOT. I stared at some sliced carrots today because the cross section looks so gorgeous (I should take a picture of that). I also love the orange handle on the Korin/Suisin ^^;
DSCF9548.JPG

Group shot including my newest additions. The ITK and the Harner. Some others that I have shown and some that haven't been seen yet. Enjoy.

Group shot including my newest additions. The ITK and the Harner. Some others that I have shown and some that haven't been seen yet. Enjoy.

Wow, that's an amazing collection of knives. Congrats, Gary.

210 yo Shig Kitaeji

Finally got a hold of one of these beauties, my crappy pictures are insulting as this thing is probably the most aesthetic knife I've held, and it performs even better. Will try to take better pics. ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1403314379.009812.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1403314396.131549.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1403314414.302679.jpg

Sakai Yusuke in while 2, 240mm. She is good enough for me. Lets hope I am good enough for her.

14465149146_2333b102af_h.jpg

My Del-icious collection of stainless knives from Delbert Ealy. Yes, stainless damascus paring knife :)
IMG_8177small.jpg

That mini-nakiri is awesome. That's a knife no one needs that I know I'll still buy one day lol.

Back