Show Your Newest Sharpening Gear

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After waiting for the right circumstances to come together (for far longer than I expected), I finally nabbed one of these monsters locally:
PXL_20240416_205118879.jpg
PXL_20240416_205130236.jpg

Now I just have to wait for one of the 12x3 Arks to pop up...

Straight from the Dalmore Estate 3×1 ToS nagura/polishing stones, very cute. These have a really nice fragrance when the slurry builds up. I like these ToS stones so much, its now my avatar pic.
1000005545.jpg

Another new stone showed up via UPS. A Wastikivi from Finland. This is a coarse phyllite (metamorphised slate I'm told). I'm not sure what I'll do with it. That's the problem with surfing the 'net while enjoying a cocktail or two. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
20240422_Fnlndstn.jpg

Bag of rubble. Mizuno was kind enough to send me a brown kasumi turd of a nikiri, so got myself some stones for a real true kasumi practice.
1000005671.jpg

Another new stone showed up via UPS. A Wastikivi from Finland. This is a coarse phyllite (metamorphised slate I'm told). I'm not sure what I'll do with it. That's the problem with surfing the 'net while enjoying a cocktail or two. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
View attachment 316889
I left my extra big dual sided Wästikivi laying on the ground thinking, that maybe the neighboring kids might find some use for this strange looking stone while playing. Didn’t like the feel nor the results.

Back