So I started collecting, my first Shigefusa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just give us your home address and we will pay you a visit :pirate1:

Seriously this is impressive, are you coming at the gathering?

Per the request, the collection as it stands today. Did need a chair and 35mm on the lens..

collection1.jpg

This is freaking AMAZING!!!!!

Do you have a favorite?

If you ever want to unload any of these....

Just give us your home address and we will pay you a visit :pirate1:

Seriously this is impressive, are you coming at the gathering?

Yes, planning on coming again, just need to convince my other half to spent 2 days at Lego Land with our little one! :)

Do you have a favorite?

If you ever want to unload any of these....

Each knife has either a story, special occasion, or reason; difficult to say which one is my favourite. The Santoku (9th from right) currently get the most usage, the petties are great for the smaller work. Definitely been eating more fish in the past couple months, while the recent bbq weather led to more Sujihiki/Honesuki work. Right now, the top 3 would be the Chuka, 270 kitaeji yanagiba NOS (2nd from right) and sickle blade (7th from left). I've been working on website to share more details and images of the knives with the community, though the work has been slow; hopefully by the end of the summer this should be done.

I still have a few knives on my list i would like to acquire, or trade for...

Love that each has its own story! Makes me want to do another family photo..I'm just waiting on ONE more to come in =)

I would trade lots of things for that yo-petty...though I doubt you would sell that.

Love that each has its own story! Makes me want to do another family photo..I'm just waiting on ONE more to come in =)

I would trade lots of things for that yo-petty...though I doubt you would sell that.

One or The ONE? :)

The yo-petty I happened to find on the day I got my last promotion; unless you have a kitaeji Kiritsuke to offer.. :biggrin: (had to try..)

One or The ONE? :)

The yo-petty I happened to find on the day I got my last promotion; unless you have a kitaeji Kiritsuke to offer.. :biggrin: (had to try..)

I'm waiting on a 240mm yo right now =)

You know I actually know someone who owns a Kitaeji Kiritsuke though I HIGHLY doubt they would ever sell it...

I'm waiting on a 240mm yo right now =)

You know I actually know someone who owns a Kitaeji Kiritsuke though I HIGHLY doubt they would ever sell it...

With the recent praise for your networking and sales skills, there might be hope! ;-)

Put me down as another impressed blade dude. My fav happens to be the only one I have, the square-tipped usuba, with the Kansai-style usuba and 2 deba as 2nds.

Really, you're not going to find a Shig array like this in more than a very few places in the world. You wouldn't come close, I'm sure, in any shop in Japan for eg. Do you have many other knives?

I hope you have one long Shigo-magbar at home to display all these just so. Would be a sight each time you walk into the kitchen.

You'll also need the Shig t-shirt, coffee mug, pajamas, and comforter to match. Naturally. ;)

My latest addition, a 150mm Mukimono, a surprising agile knife with a beautiful finish. Absolutely love how the kitaeji lines curve around the tip:

mukimono_overview_2.jpg

mukimono_kanji_2.jpg

mukimono_tip.jpg

That is a beautiful knife! A K tip petty?

More like a k-tip yanagiba, as it is a single bevel. I would originally be inclined to say it is like a k-tip usuba, but mukimonos are much lighter than usubas of the same size.

More like a k-tip yanagiba, as it is a single bevel. I would originally be inclined to say it is like a k-tip usuba, but mukimonos are much lighter than usubas of the same size.

My kasumi muki actually reminds me a lot of an short kiritsuke.

Lol, any one have a Shig kiritsuke for sale, just for another comparison thread?

I've heard legends of one floating around out there.

I have actually seen on in person, though I'm pretty sure you couldn't pry it from his bare dead hands =p

I won't say who it is, but I will say it currently lives in Oregon.

Latest posts

Back