Stefan's Some extra handles available

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! I have more bakelite in blue, red, gray, and swirly brown - but no more bog oak :(

Stefan

More handles! I had those sent to Dave a while ago and almost forgot about them. Those are all long/large ones:

Camera Roll-19 by -mgapicius-

Camera Roll-15 by -mgapicius-

Here some basic info on them:

7. Hawaiian signature wood with a whitebait kauri handle, made with a longer suji in mind, $130, 152 x 22/24 x 25/27
8. Hawaiian signature wood with a marbled horn ferrule, similar to #7, just even longer... would also work for a 330 yanagi unless you prefer very slim handles, $140, 155 x 22/25 x 24/26
9. I hope this won't cause any bad flash backs for the older ones among you ;) Dyed spalted tamarind and horn spacer, nice for a yanagi 300, $130, 150 x 20/24 x 22/27
10. Another very long one, Belize rosewood, kukui nut ferrule, copper spacer, perfect for a 330 yanagi, $145, 157 x 20/22 x 22/25
11. Hawaiian milo, spalted signature ferrule, fiber spacers, I see this on a 270 gyuto, $130, 153 x 23/25 x 25/27
12. D-shaped red mallee burl with Hawaiian spalted Cook pine ferrule, $130, 143 x 24/26 x 26/28. Best for a 240 gyuto if you like larger handles or a 270 gyuto if you like shorter handles...

I think that's all that is finished and available directly now. These last handles 7-12 are with Dave already.

Oh, and #3 from the previous set is also still available, #4 is under consideration. Thanks for checking,

Stefan

#8 is on hold for now.

Stefan

#4 is now sold, #8 is SPF, thanks!

Now somebody pick up #3 and we can focus on this recent batch ;) I am actually surprised that #3 hasn't sold, yet, I really like it.

Stefan

#3 is now also SPF, thanks!

Stefan

anything left?

All the ones in post #111 are gone as is the second from the left in post #126. The others in post #126 are still available.

Thanks for checking,

Stefan

Here is another one up for grabs. I am on the phone now, so picture uploads are a pain, but it is the black and white one at the end of this thread here http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/2864-Some-new-handles?p=223703#post223703. This is a very nice piece of blackwood that actually has a very subtle figuring to it. After finishing t, it's harder to see, but still an unusually nice piece. Ferrule and end cap are mammoth ivory which does push up the price a bit as you can imagine. End cap is secured with a mosaic pin. This is around 142mm from what I remember and should work for a 240 gyuto (or maybe a 210 if it is not too light). I'd like $200 + $8 S&H for that one because of the expensive materials.

Thanks,

Stefan

Rough width/height?

Here is another one up for grabs. I am on the phone now, so picture uploads are a pain, but it is the black and white one at the end of this thread here http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/2864-Some-new-handles?p=223703#post223703. This is a very nice piece of blackwood that actually has a very subtle figuring to it. After finishing t, it's harder to see, but still an unusually nice piece. Ferrule and end cap are mammoth ivory which does push up the price a bit as you can imagine. End cap is secured with a mosaic pin. This is around 142mm from what I remember and should work for a 240 gyuto (or maybe a 210 if it is not too light). I'd like $200 + $8 S&H for that one because of the expensive materials.

Thanks,

Stefan

Saw this after replying to PMs, will have to measure the handle tonight, but I can say that it does feel nice in my hand. I really think this b&w one came out nicely, and I normaly am never perfectly happy with any handle I make (but I learned to live with imperfection, much healthier than the alternative...).

Stefan

Just a quick update reg. shipping: I have a whole pile of things to ship out. The three reasons I am behind are: 1) I haven't had a chance to set up my printer in my new place to print the labels, yet, because I don't have a desk, yet. 2) the opening hours of the post office are exactly the same as my work hours. 3) I didn't get my act together... But I will pack and ship it all Sat morning.

Just a quick update reg. shipping: I have a whole pile of things to ship out. The three reasons I am behind are: 1) I haven't had a chance to set up my printer in my new place to print the labels, yet, because I don't have a desk, yet. 2) the opening hours of the post office are exactly the same as my work hours. 3) I didn't get my act together... But I will pack and ship it all Sat morning.

Cool, I was wondering about those ebony blocks. Glad to hear you are getting some stuff back together. I'm not in a rush since I don't have all the tools for wa handles anyway. I just figured life stuff was happening and I totally understand.

sweet! looking forward to it. not in a rush but stoked to see what the handle looks like in real life

Almost forgot to update: The black and white ivory/blackwood handle is sold. Thanks!

Stefan

All handles in the pictures in post #126 are still available, except #8; and the mentioned cascara sagrada handle for a 240 gyuto is also still up for grabs. That wood is really nice, hard to grab the depth in a picture.

Stefan

O.k., now I have a new job but the first pay check is delayed and I need some cash in my Paypal account. So, let's call this a 'fire sale'. As mentioned above, available are the middle one in the first picture and all the ones in the second picture except the second one from the left. IMHO they all look nicer in person than on the picture... All handles are $20 off the price listed above (for as many as you want, first come - first served); I don't want the people who just bought handles to think they missed out, so if you bought a handle in the past 2 weeks from me, you can take $30/handle off if you buy one of these. Descriptions see above in this thread.

Thanks,

Stefan

image.jpg
image.jpg

Back