Sous Vide SousVide Demi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Low to high sealers. Ziplock lowered in the water and sealed,foodsaver,Vacmaster 112,Minipak MVS 31.

Btw that is an excellent deal!

Btw, for Black Friday they have the SousVide Supreme Chef, their top of the line model for $449 and with a coupon code they throw in a vacuum sealer for free.

k.

Maybe I should start a new thread about s.v. Recipes, but I am wondering: If I buy meats already vacuumed, can I just throw them into the water or do I need to repackage them? Specifically, I am wondering about that trip tip package at Costco that already has some marinade in it AFAIR.

Stefan

I'd say check the bag to see if it is heavier gauge or lighter gauge. Beef I wouldn't be as worried about because it is usually SV at lower temperatures. Chicken and pork I would be more hesitant about. Generally speaking though, industry standard for bagging those things is pretty high gauge. Just make sure to sanitize the package before putting in the bath.

Maybe I should start a new thread about s.v. Recipes, but I am wondering: If I buy meats already vacuumed, can I just throw them into the water or do I need to repackage them? Specifically, I am wondering about that trip tip package at Costco that already has some marinade in it AFAIR.

Stefan

Should be fine, but to be on the safe side you should just send it to me along with high grade koa in the shape of a Moore Bettah or Devine. This is for your safety that I am willing to put myself in this position.

Latest posts

Back