Stefan's Stefan's Handle Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow. Beautiful handles and even more beautiful knives. This is the first time I have seen a polished kinaru ame with such engraving. Shinichi should have polished the choi a little bit more, but darn, that's beautiful work.

As without saying, Stefan's work is awesome.

Thanks Bao. I'm just wondering why the pics always show the little flaws that I didn't catch...

Stefan

Jeff's Suisin Gyuto.....

p1010007.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Dave,
I can tell you about the handle on my Suisin INOX Honyaki--its black horn ferrule, red coral spacer, and stabilized black ash burl. I was very happy with the handle as it came out. I really liked the original handle on the Suisin but as you saw it had a cracked ferrule. The handle Stefan made is almost the same exact size as the original sans the round bottom profile of course. How did it sharpen up?

Thanks for the pics, Dave, I didn't even take any before I sent those out to you. Jeff described his already, but I have to admit that there is a question mark over the red material - I kept calling it red coral, but it might have been rhodonite. I think there was a mix-up in one of my orderes a while ago.

The other one is thuya burl with a maple ferrule and black/honey horn spacers plus a damascus endcap that is secured with a hidden pin. It came out a little long, but it's a 360mm knife and I wanted to make it rather longer than shorter - I hope Tim will approve... The damascus is o.k., I had picked that up a while ago as bolster pieces, long before we had all the masters of damascus on this board - actually, the handle was as good as done long before this board was started. Dave was nice enough to etch it for me, I had been sitting here scratching my head about how to best do that...

Hope that explains it all,

Stefan

Wow, that shig yanagi handle is freakin awesome! Well done Stefan.

Hey, I just did hat Tim asked me to ;) Thanks,

Stefan

He's so humble... don't let him fool you Stefan has got some skills. I may as well use a chainsaw for all the wood I'd waste trying to get something like that.

Here's a Konosuke HD is red bakelite. The pictures look like crud in comparison to real life, the handle is almost translucent and 3D, it's very nice.

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

p1010001.jpg

P1010006.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010004.jpg

P1010010.JPG

p1010007.jpg

Wow, that's beautiful.

Great job and great attention to detail, Stefan.

That is what i like about Stefan work he try's different things
with a artist eye .
must look for Bakelite .:hula:

Tomorrow will be the Stefan Keller personal collection motherload rehandle knife gallery update.....stay tuned! :D

:EDance2::hula::Beersausage:

Oooohh, sounds exciting. Not sure I remember all the ones I sent you, so I will be surprised also ... :happy2:

Stefan

Here is Stefan's newest 5 rehandles, most are for his own collection. The Warther is a western to wa conversion.

Now leave me alone Stefan! :razz: :lol2:

attachment.php

P1010016.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010021.jpg

Good looking handles as always. That one on the left might be the thinnest suji/petty I have ever seen!

Boy that Carter Suji handle looks mighty familiar. Looks great Stefan, can't even tell the blemish, unless you point it out;).

Looking good, Dave, I'll take them :). I hope they dodn't give you too much trouble. The thin one is a Moritaka tha was supposed to be like a Tadatsuna petty but came out more narrow. Great for skinning fish etc. Bao, I was hesitating to use that handle because I didn't want to take away the uniqueness of yours, but It was just too nice to throw it away... That warther looks really interesting, that should be fun to use. Thanks Dave!

Stefan

Back