Straightening stick

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A forum friend, who has limited tools at his disposal, asked if I could fashion a straightening stick for him. Seemed like an easy few minutes down in the shop. Like most projects I do, I figured out a way to make it more elaborate than it probably needed to be, but I think it came out pretty cool. Also gave me a chance to use the lathe, which I havent done since woodshop class in high school.

It is fashioned out of a 1 1/2 inch thick hunk of oak I found in my scrap bin. Pretty imposing.....it could also be used to intimidate someone who sold you a crooked knife....

20221109_160511.jpg
20221109_160518.jpg

Amazing work as always! This straightening stick looks so good it should be displayed along with the knives.

I like me a half inch gap for the diagonal part. That way you can do thicker knives as well and the whole thing becomes easier to use. Also make sure the surfaces are taped up with some fabric tape to prevent scratching up polished knives.

Latest posts

Back