Suisin Special Inox Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent bit express because I was late getting it out.

Sorry about the edge. I didnt really do to much before I sent it out, just touchup. I should have taking my time a little more.
I'm not sure what to do about the next person. Maybe she will be back before next week

Hello hello! Sorry about the delayed response! Yes, please ship it back to Korin if it's dull. I'll be happy to have it sharpened and ship it out. If you and the next person doesn't mind, I can ship it back to you so I can try it out when its nice and sharp. :)

Shipping address:
Korin
Attn: Mari
57 Warren St
New York, NY 10007

Thanks,
Mari

Heads up! Lowercasebill has just returned the knife to me. I will have it sharpened and it will be on its way. :)

FYI, I recieved this knife last night. :)

I received the knife from TK today!!

ahh it sucks living in canada sometimes.

I'm done testing the knife & Mari wants it back for service. so, the gyuto on its way to Korin!!

Is it alright if I get this to UCMD, next, instead of Chuckles? UCMD works in the building adjacent to mine, so it would save a lot of shipping back and forth...

Is it alright if I get this to UCMD, next, instead of Chuckles? UCMD works in the building adjacent to mine, so it would save a lot of shipping back and forth...

As long as Chuckles is okay with it, it's fine by me. :)

Will pick up knife Friday from edipisreks and ship Monday. Chuckles I need mailing address.

Just done using knife for week. Will ship Wednesday. Review to follow.

This is a pretty good all around, middle weight knife. Fit and finish was top notch. Edge taking was very good and edge holding was good. It could have been thinner behind the edge, if you ask me but it was still a good cutter. I'd say it is well suited to a fairly abusive kitchen. Given the other choices available in the sturdy, stainless knife category (Suisin Inox Western, Gesshin Uraku, etc), I'd say its a bit pricey. The Korin sharpening job was much cleaner this time around than the butcher job that was done on the Togiharu passaround. Nevertheless, there was still a slight hole in the edge toward the heel and it looked no finer than 400 grit, I'd say. To make it a more standard comparison, I refined on a 1k followed by the Mizuyama 6k also from Korin.

Back