the KKF audio thread!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[emoji15] I don't understand most of what I read in this threat. I thought there was a rule only to get totally absorbed by ONE hobby at a time.

Man, I can't stick to just one thing. I'm involved in cooking, knives, Danish furniture, PC building, audio, film, whisky, beer, shoes, watches, literature, coats & jackets, etc. It's a mania. I can't stop myself.

Well is there somebody here who didn't get into knives via the hobby of cooking (knifemakers and pro cooks excepted), as in somebody that collects/appreciates kitchen knives without cooking a lot (or who focuses on less cutting-intensive cuisine)?

Well is there somebody here who didn't get into knives via the hobby of cooking (knifemakers and pro cooks excepted), as in somebody that collects/appreciates kitchen knives without cooking a lot (or who focuses on less cutting-intensive cuisine)?

Life, Collecting knives just to look at and fondle is totally legal around here. Know you're not alone. I have a wall full of my conquest and take every moment i can to just stair in amazement at my utilitarian handcrafted art objects.

Well, OK, I didn't consider cooking a different hobby - as mentioned above it kind of comes hand in hand with the knife/stone collecting. And YES, Damage... you definately sound like you dont have children 🤓

@Mucho you guessed wrong, knives are still mostly part of a cooking hobby for me. And didn't plan to disrespect other collector types, just found it hard to imagine... i'm more the "steak? but it doesn't need spending an hour burying my counter in a mise that looks like it has been stolen out of a wok bar, so what's the point?" kind.

@Mucho you guessed wrong, knives are still mostly part of a cooking hobby for me. And didn't plan to disrespect other collector types, just found it hard to imagine... i'm more the "steak? but it doesn't need spending an hour burying my counter in a mise that looks like it has been stolen out of a wok bar, so what's the point?" kind.

I know there's a point you're trying to make? Sometimes I think you should change your username to Life by 1000 words per post. Just messin. [emoji57]

There are a couple of people around KKF who are definitely into the collecting aspect, and not into cooking. And they have some very nice knives. But I have seen that they generously lend them to others so the knives do in fact get used as intended.

My car has 8 speakers and can get really loud ... does that count? :O

Seriously, I would love to get my hands on some really nice audio setup. I know little about them other than it is really an expensive hobby, so I rather keep my fingers off it. Man can only have that many expensive hobbies before first divorce ... :D

My car has 8 speakers and can get really loud ... does that count? :O

Seriously, I would love to get my hands on some really nice audio setup. I know little about them other than it is really an expensive hobby, so I rather keep my fingers off it. Man can only have that many expensive hobbies before first divorce ... :D

my headphones have 8 speakers in each ear :p

1462632_909567862497369_2842649317036233289_o.jpg

speaking of headphones, i just discovered a truly great set of earbuds (not in ear). blue ever blue 328r they're only $30 and sound excellent! they're not refined hi-fi or anything, but high vocal clarity and lack of distortion for fatigue free listening make them bang/buck stand outs. they're quite comfortable as well. the only knock is that the cable is flimsy. bass goes deep and you can actually hear the notes, not just a buzz and fart. the EQ is pretty neutral, mids stand out a little bit because midbass has a slight dip.

Sounds like you don't have children.

I am happy of my super nice audio system. Obviously I bought that *before* my first child. Since, when the kids finally fall asleep I enjoy a lot the silence. I am looking forward for the smaller to be a bit older so that I can listen again to some music....
still I managed to make my older on fell in love with peter and the wolf, and the carnival of the animals. I use some jazz lullaby on my younger one (Nina, Ella, Billy). I use the bolero (Ravel) for him to discover the instruments. Finally I cherry pick some part of operas that are easy in languages he understands, i.e. french or german (Papageno in the zauberflöte, torero in Carmen, few funny ones from Offenbach). All that makes it much better than 6 months ago in term of listening to good music.

Zet, I'm still enjoying my 6.1 NAD Mirage Velodyne acoustically optimized room with home made Eichman interconnects Furman line conditioners and Blue Pillow sound dampner's still ten years after the build.

Back