The KKF Cookbook Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could do a few bread formulas. Something simple even non bread bakers could do.

UPDATE 6/2013

Alright folks, now that I've found some time to get back to this, here's where we stand.

The following people have submitted completed recipes, pics, et al; they are DONE, so to speak:

Keith N.
Craig W.
Seth S.
David DiQ.
David DeG.
David W.
(we need some non-Davids!)

I've heard from Justin0505, EdipisReks, Eamon Burke, JmAdams, pumbaa, DwarvenChef, Notaskinnychef, Lefty, wellminded1, Amon-Rukh, CanadianMan, Namaxy, The Edge, BurlSource, Jm2hill, Sw2geeks, and Chinacats. Many of these people have already proposed recipes and knives--you know who you are and will most likely have traded emails with me through [email protected]--while others have proposed categories of contribution (bread, pastry, etc.).

Here's what we need:

1) If you have signed up for a recipe or knife and have not completed it, please do so ASAP! It's hard to move forward and fill in gaps without having a firm handle on what's already been covered. As a reminder, a complete submission includes a recipe, pics of the dish in progress and finished (ideally featuring knife work!), and most importantly, a bit of text and an illustration of why you used the knife that you did on the recipe.

2) The following categories of knife need more representation: single bevels of all types, petties, cimeters/other butchering knives, at least one more bread knife (ideally Güde or custom), and Japanese gyutos. I'd also like to include a Martell custom, a Burke, and a Rodrigue if we could--shouldn't be too hard! We've already got an HHH, a Marko, and a DT, but multiples of these makers are okay. If you have one of these knives, consider submitting a recipe!

3) The following categories of food need more representation: sushi/sashimi, pastry, grilled/summer foods, bread, soups, salads, and vegetarian. Asian cuisines are also welcome. If you can pair something from this category with a knife from category 2, let me know!

Thanks, all. Please reply directly to this thread AND to [email protected]. I'm going to work with Justin0505 to set up a dropbox account for pics, so if you have completed a recipe but haven't submitted pics yet, hold off for a couple of days.

Best regards,
David

Ill work on my bread controbution this evening, and dig around to find pics.

David, We're you going to use the Ballentine recipe I sent you?

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...-KKF-Cookbook-Thread/page3?highlight=cookbook

UPDATE 6/2013

Alright folks, now that I've found some time to get back to this, here's where we stand.

The following people have submitted completed recipes, pics, et al; they are DONE, so to speak:

Keith N.
Craig W.
Seth S.
David DiQ.
David DeG.
David W.
(we need some non-Davids!)

I've heard from Justin0505, EdipisReks, Eamon Burke, JmAdams, pumbaa, DwarvenChef, Notaskinnychef, Lefty, wellminded1, Amon-Rukh, CanadianMan, Namaxy, The Edge, BurlSource, Jm2hill, Sw2geeks, and Chinacats. Many of these people have already proposed recipes and knives--you know who you are and will most likely have traded emails with me through [email protected]--while others have proposed categories of contribution (bread, pastry, etc.).

Here's what we need:

1) If you have signed up for a recipe or knife and have not completed it, please do so ASAP! It's hard to move forward and fill in gaps without having a firm handle on what's already been covered. As a reminder, a complete submission includes a recipe, pics of the dish in progress and finished (ideally featuring knife work!), and most importantly, a bit of text and an illustration of why you used the knife that you did on the recipe.

2) The following categories of knife need more representation: single bevels of all types, petties, cimeters/other butchering knives, at least one more bread knife (ideally Güde or custom), and Japanese gyutos. I'd also like to include a Martell custom, a Burke, and a Rodrigue if we could--shouldn't be too hard! We've already got an HHH, a Marko, and a DT, but multiples of these makers are okay. If you have one of these knives, consider submitting a recipe!

3) The following categories of food need more representation: sushi/sashimi, pastry, grilled/summer foods, bread, soups, salads, and vegetarian. Asian cuisines are also welcome. If you can pair something from this category with a knife from category 2, let me know!

Thanks, all. Please reply directly to this thread AND to [email protected]. I'm going to work with Justin0505 to set up a dropbox account for pics, so if you have completed a recipe but haven't submitted pics yet, hold off for a couple of days.

Best regards,
David

Also was curious on the status. May be able to help contribute if there is need still.

I see this thread has been dead for quiet some time, any progress? If it's still on the roll I could try to help, could try to do something featuring my new itinomonn meat cleaver w/ cedar handle from maxsim. Would be cool if someone with some katsuramuki skills would feature an usuba!

Just saw this thread for the first time. While I would not feel good enough cook to contribute, I would love to get the book once it gets out. I hope you guys can put this together - I imagine it must be quite some work to put all the stuff together and actually make a book out of it (was part of photo-book once and it was lot of work for those putting it all together, test printing, and so on).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back