The KKF Cookbook Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking of this last night LOL good to see some posts. Still playing with recipes and it's getting close :)

What is the time line for pics and finished recipe? I get back in the kitchen on oct 3rd and cant wait to get started

Hey folks,

Sorry I've been away from this project for about a month. Moving halfway across the country and beginning a new job have consumed more of my time and energy than I thought, and I didn't get home internet until today (currently writing this from work!).

Here's where we stand on the cookbook:

Have recipes and pics from:
Mucho Bocho
Keith Neal
heldentenor

Have firm recipes from:
Amon-Rukh
David DeG (forget what your KKF name is)
Seth0726
BurkeCutlery
Namaxy

Have tentative/possible recipes from:
AGP
Wildboar
Turbochef422
DwarvenChef
EdipisReks

Have heard ideas from but no firm commitment:
Chinacats
Sw2geeks
Candlejack
Jm2hill
TheEdge
VoodooMajik
Burl Source

Since real names and KKF names don't always match up, let me know if I've heard from you but you don't see your name on the list.

We still need several more submissions to make this project work, and particularly welcome anyone who wants to do a recipes that features single-beveled knives. I'd also like to see all of the registered makers covered if possible; so far I know I have an HHH, a Tsourkan, and a Devin Thomas.

Please submit ideas, recipes, and pictures to [email protected].

Thanks! I look forward to getting back to work on this.

You forgot me, I emailed you awhile ago and was on one of the first lists.
I was originally going to do a fruit and bean salsa with my DT ITK Cleaver, but if DT is already represented in another recipe, I could use either a custom Rader or Martel gyuto.
Also, let me know if you'd like help with any of the pictures (editing color balance and levels).

Justin--thanks for the reminder--I did indeed forget your recipe, but not your offer to work with the photography! Once the recipes and accompanying photos are all (or mostly) in, I'll send them to you to set contrast, balance, and levels so that we get the best possible presentation.

Seth and all--I'd like to have all recipes and photos by Halloween. That will give me a month to do some production and hopefully we will have finished books available between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I will get you a dessert recipe as soon as i get a free moment. i just need to find a recipe that has enough knife work worth mentioning

Made my dish today and took lots of pics. Think I will replate w/ some leftovers tomorrow night as the final pics today weren't quite what I was hoping for. Used a Fowler cable damascus gyuto.

Will get the recipe written up and sent later this week. Is there a dropbox/ ftp for uploading pics?

sorry, i've been stupid busy the last while. i don't know if i'll have time for this, now, unfortunately. :(

Wildboar--Thus far it's all been through a gmail account I created. I've been moving images to a hard drive as they arrive, but may need to look in to creating a dropbox depending on size. For now, send recipes and smallish pics to [email protected] and we'll proceed from there.

Edipis--No problem, the recipes are coming in slowly and we're still not up to a full book-length project in terms of submissions. At some point, we'll have to make a cutoff on deadlines, but I'd love to have a dish from you, so if you think you can find the time but need a bit of breathing space let me know.

Once again, we still need recipes, especially those that feature single bevels or anything non-gyuto.

Edipis--No problem, the recipes are coming in slowly and we're still not up to a full book-length project in terms of submissions. At some point, we'll have to make a cutoff on deadlines, but I'd love to have a dish from you, so if you think you can find the time but need a bit of breathing space let me know.

it's a ways off, i know, but things are going to be slowing down for me come November, as my current projects are going to be wrapping up. there are of course going to be new projects, but there will be some nice breathing room in between. if that's fine, then i'll plan on it.

Mine will be in sometime in November once school is over.

i sent pics and recipe from my work email, can you confirm that you received them.

i'm working on my contribution right now (just did the first prep for the dish, and took pics).

this is brilliant! I don't have much to offer but will certainly support it anyway I can!

If this is still in the works, I would love to be a part of this as well.

Hi everyone,

The short answer is that we've run into two problems. First, I'm still waiting on several submissions from people who promised to provide them--and I acknowledge that I've done a bad job encouraging people to get theirs done. Second, we still need about 20 recipes to have a workable book. That means that interested people should get in touch with me via [email protected].

I'll post a more complete update in a couple of days that includes what I've got and a list of suggested needs by knife, technique, and cuisine. I'd really like to see this project through to completion, so let's make it happen!

Holy crap I totally forgot about doing mine. I will get a dessert together with some pics and everything.

I've got some family recipes (both Quebecois and some indian ones too) if we are still needing some.

Heldentenor, I'd be up for something. I can't give a definite timeline, but I'd be up for whatever. Maybe something quick and simple, and summery, like New York Strips, with a cinnamon and spice rub, and finished with chili and brown sugar butter. As a side, I dunno...mushroom skewers and a simple summer caramelized baked sweet potato with garlic and paprika.

Knife... Ummm. What's needed? I'd likely just use a petty for this one.

Hi everyone,

Yes, I still hope that we can complete this project. Our semester just ended, so I will publish an updated list of what we have, what we need, and who has offered to contribute very shortly.

I would be in to throw in a couple recipes, and get a book when it's completed

I could contribute something, and can help process photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back