The knife abstinence thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do custom slots that came early count? Asking for a friend.
Nope. Getting some too that were paid in March. This was paid in December and was mailed today. If there’s two of us then that’s the law…
20240403_125909.jpeg

very fair... very fair. yea the heavier ones are hard to move. okay I'm convinced lol. but it is a damn good looker especially in apex ultra. 😰
Depends how dense that wood on the handle is imo. If it was Ho then yeah fair enough!

very fair... very fair. yea the heavier ones are hard to move. okay I'm convinced lol. but it is a damn good looker especially in apex ultra. 😰
They are hard to move and my only help here is, when you sell it, I’ll help carry the weight. Patronising you of course, but I’ll help ❤️

Oh that sounds awesome. I’d like to hear more about how they compare
I'll be honest, I didn't give them nearly the comparison they deserve or that a forum like this would expect. OOTB I knew the Kagekiyo would smoke the Ashi for the ways I use a petty. Stopped in the office off the clock to help with some quick prep and give it a test drive, and the Ashi's fate was sealed.

The thinness and flex of the Ashi has it's uses, and in a perfect world I'd keep both. But I'm kinda in the @panda camp: no more than five knives in my bag, and no space for a mostly redundant knife that performs worse on the board.

Back