The knife abstinence thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that’s fair game.

@Uncle Danny - I think I’ve been clean about a month, maybe headed into month 2.

Does it count if I did a one in one out? Or at least sell enough knives to make sure the book is balanced or in the black?
In my book, one in one out count as a purchase. It’s an abstinence lifestyle but I won’t judge you - sounds like your on a clear path 😁

IMG_0249.jpeg

Well my mono carbon Suji came in yesterday. First Sugi in almost 20 years.
Yanagiba's became my prized knives at work cutting sashimi & sushi topping.
Sugi's had much less steel than gyuto & wore down faster with many sharpenings. Not a problem as home cook. 20% off 83.00 very sharp out of the box. Had a sticker on handle had to use De Solve It to get the glue off pakkawood handle. This blade will get used.
20240424_091002.jpg

It’s the first of may (the force be with you)
Congrats to those for held of a welcome to any, who wants to join the group.
Big hugs

Well my mono carbon Suji came in yesterday. First Sugi in almost 20 years.
Yanagiba's became my prized knives at work cutting sashimi & sushi topping.
Sugi's had much less steel than gyuto & wore down faster with many sharpenings. Not a problem as home cook. 20% off 83.00 very sharp out of the box. Had a sticker on handle had to use De Solve It to get the glue off pakkawood handle. This blade will get used. View attachment 317269

How am i supposed to recognize that knife without its handle sticker? #Stickergang

Back