This is about Colin and It's not good guys.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These forums are a weird thing. I may have not met many of you, but through hundreds of posts, each persons essence is revealed... I think we're probably more honest here than in the real world. I bet if many of us met face to face, it'd be like catching up with old friends...there'd be plenty to talk about. Colin is a colorful character, and god willing, he'll be back to entertain us all again soon.

Alright guys this is the latest and maybe the last for a little while. they are a bit overwhelmed by all this. Without going into too much further detail, I will be editing some of the emails as it is information of a private matter. I hope you all understand. Some things we all know and somethings we shouldn't.

Hello, Son
I will check the forum when I can but I hope you (and everyone there) understands if I don't contribute directly. Getting involved there would be a little overwhelming time wise for me right now. I also don't want to invade Colin's space/ personal life more then I see needed. I logged him off as to not create any confusion and stop the popups, there is no way I'm going to go threw and read any private messages he has there.
To quickly address a few things I read there. First a few weeks ago when I was getting the rest of Colin's things put together Marissa and I came across five or so packages containing items that looked like he intended to mail out so Marissa did so. The one to "Butch" I remember, name stood out. It was labeled "send to Butch" in a box addressed to him. If it was not meant to go to you I'm sorry, if you could just hold on to it till Colin comes back around.

As for the eBay auctions, from what I found it looks like Colin had a bunch of things already set up to sell on eBay. They were all kind of together and when I got his iPad I found listings already written up. His wife did liquidated all of "there assets", there wasn't much any of us could do about that. But pertaining to the eBay auctions that's all me. I'm doing it threw his account and the money goes into his PayPal account that she does not have assess to.

I really hope Colin pulls through, i enjoyed chatting with him. My best to him, from myself and my family.

ok ill hold on to his stuff that was sent to me "butch" if you coudl let the fam know and in the hopes that he gets back on his feet i ll have them

Thanks for taking the reigns with communicating this to us Son.

Its good to know about his e-bay account. I tagged him if something else came up for auction, that I could possibly help out that way.

Sorry to hear about Colin's difficulties. Funny how ex- wives always seem to get control of "our assets" I still have no idea why my ex-wife felt that she needed my Waterford whisky set....or some of the dishes for that matter. She doesnt' even cook.:(

My concern other than the obvious is that she got his Bill Burke suji . Colin would give his left and right nut up before he got rid of that. That was his most prized possession. I hope nobody sold it or if they will I would pick it up and hold it for him until he got better.

My concern other than the obvious is that she got his Bill Burke suji . Colin would give his left and right nut up before he got rid of that. That was his most prized possession. I hope nobody sold it or if they will I would pick it up and hold it for him until he got better.

I've been thinking about that too. That thing is Colin's "preciousssss". I hope it turns up and wasn't literally or metaphorically washed away by Superstorm Sandy

Hello, Dafydd
We really appreciate you keeping us informed and totally understand the burden that has been placed on you and your family. I hope you know that the support that is given for Colin is fully extended to your family and you. Anything that the members here can do,we give it our best to do. I think the leather working shop is a good idea. The other Paul from our forum is also a leather worker, as a matter of fact he is one of the best leather workers in the country and had been in talks with Colin about leather working ideas. When he gets better, if he chooses he can tell us what he will or not. That's okay too. On another note because, of what you wrote about his wife liquidating his assets, we have a concern. Colin's pride and joy, something he would rather give his left and right arm away before he sold them was his handmade Bill Burke knives. These were something he dearly loved and whom Bill Made special for Colin. They developed a friendship and respect for each other through the creative process of making these knives. We would like to know if they are safe and to let you know to please not sell them. If money is needed, I and I'm sure some of the members would gladly buy them and hold them for Colin until he gets back on his feet. We would keep them safe. Please let us know if they are safe. The loss of those would really send him spiraling even further down. He needs to know they are safe.
Son

Hello, Son
By assets I was referring to stocks and things like that. She really doesn't have any further access to any of his belongings. If God forbid he does pass away I will bet she'll contest his will regarding his life insurance. Colin moved out months before any of this happened so all of his possessions have been locked away. Even if that wasn't the case I doubt she would sell any of his knives. Trust me we all know how much Colin loves his knives. He has been into them since he was a kid. I think all he ever got for Christmas and birthday presents were knives, and weapons and things along that line. Our father use to take him to knife shows and stores all the time. I remember on more than one occasion our parents getting calls from school because Colin brought his MacGyver knife to school, where talking like first grade here. It's both funny and helpful that you showed me those knives, and mentioned Mr. Burke. As Colin specifically listed in his will that all knives made by Mr Burke be returned to him to do with as he sees fit. with the exception of a knife called a Suji that is to be given to a Dave (who Marissa knows) to be used as a on going pass around knife. It's funny but very Colin like that he obviously spent more time thinking about who his knives go to then any other possessions that he owns. Paul Z, Do you know where he lives? Maybe Colin could take a trip at some point to see him him and learn some things. Actually I can ask him myself since he has emailed me. One question for you is your first name Sachem, native American?
Hey Son just to put your minds at ease the only things being sold are items he had listed all ready or obviously intended to list. The reason for selling these things is more so to keep up with what Colin was doing before the accident, and to keep up his eBay seller reputation. I got a email from them that they have downgraded his status due to lack of selling. It looks like he has mostly sold leather and knives so I can only assume that he has been trying to build a eBay reputation in this area?

...It's both funny and helpful that you showed me those knives, and mentioned Mr. Burke. As Colin specifically listed in his will that all knives made by Mr Burke be returned to him to do with as he sees fit. with the exception of a knife called a Suji that is to be given to a Dave (who Marissa knows) to be used as a on going pass around knife. It's funny but very Colin like that he obviously spent more time thinking about who his knives go to then any other possessions that he owns.

That is amazing. I love that knife, but I hope that pass around is decades away, and I am too old to remember the grits of my stones. Get better Colin.

k.

The passaround idea really sums Colin up, doesn't it? Let's hope the next person to use it is Colin, and as Karring wrote, any passaround is decades away.

Hoping that Colin will take a turn for the better and be back to using that Burke himself.

I was just wondering yesterday how he was doing, I saw Butch's donation Knife thread and it got me thinking. I was gonna start a thread at some point to ask if anyone had heard how he was faring. This sucks...

I've been on the road (still am), and i haven't been her much. Sad to hear about Colin an hope he gets better soon.

Either way, can someone send a link to Butches donation thread?

Thanks

Hi guys.. allow me to introduce myself, I'm Dafydd McKaharay. My sister showed this to me. Not surprised I never saw it before, I'm not really a big cooking enthusiast. I'm just catching up on all this and it's alarming that for 3 years someone has been pretending to be me, probably possibly my own brother (with help of a friend.)

I have never sent any emails to any of you. My email is [email protected] or [email protected]. MY home phone number is 610 657 0169. This is my Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/dafydd.mckaharay?ref=tn_tnmn it's private but you can see tagged photos possibly or add me as a friend for validation.

Colin and I were great friends until I left for California and he entered high school. Even afterwards, we kept in touch and visited. Somewhere along the line, probably 10 years ago, it all got wierd. No need to air out our own V.C. Andrews saga here... tbh we don't even know what happened. The short story is Colin has been estranged from our family. He has no contact with us really. A random text or email. He's never met his nephew, never visited, even though we are an hour away. I have absolutely NO CONTACT WITH HIM. You folks know more about him than us.

If somehow you guys were conned by someone... I apologize. If it was my brother who conned you, I'm embarassed. People do crappy crap, I guess... it's just (as the old adage goes) "he was raised better."

Feel free to contact me via email, phone, facebook if you need validation. To Sachem... definitely contact me as it's so weird we have been involved in some real life Catfish ****.

I'm just a humble working class dad who makes some really weird music in Pennsylvania. No more no less. I will be contacting the forum itself about the fake DAFYDD MCKAHARAY registered on here... as they are probably monitoring all this under that account.

Cheers,
DAF

image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Reading this stuff pisses me off to no end. Colin hasn't spoken to his mom in 10 years. My mom, a good Catholic, will probably go to her grave with feelings that she's somehow done something to deserve this. If this is him using our names I really am so disappointed in my brother... and I was pretty upset with him to begin with. If any of you talk to him (or "me"... it seems) let him know he's getting ready to be an uncle again in June. Maybe he can auction off a knife and get little baby Patrick a gift or something.

Hi guys.. allow me to introduce myself, I'm Dafydd McKaharay. My sister showed this to me. Not surprised I never saw it before, I'm not really a big cooking enthusiast.
B.S. My brother has worked in restaurants most of his adult life both front of the house and back of the house
I'm just catching up on all this and it's alarming that for 3 years someone has been pretending to be me,
I don't know of a 3 year old member with my brothers name here?? But I could be wrong I'll look for him after posting this
probably possibly my own brother (with help of a friend.)

I have never sent any emails to any of you. My email is [email protected] or [email protected]. MY home phone number is 610 657 0169. This is my Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/dafydd.mckaharay?ref=tn_tnmn it's private but you can see tagged photos possibly or add me as a friend for validation.

Colin and I were great friends until I left for California and he entered high school. Even afterwards, we kept in touch and visited. Somewhere along the line, probably 10 years ago, it all got wierd. No need to air out our own V.C. Andrews saga here... tbh /quote] but that's whats this imposter is trying to do, at least that's how it reads to me ?
we don't even know what happened. The short story is Colin has been estranged from our family. He has no contact with
us really. A random text or email. He's never met his nephew, never visited, even though we are an hour away. I have absolutely NO CONTACT WITH HIM. You folks know more about him than us.

If somehow you guys were conned by someone... I apologize. If it was my brother who conned you, I'm embarassed. People do crappy crap, I guess... it's just (as the old adage goes) "he was raised better."

Feel free to contact me via email, phone, facebook if you need validation. To Sachem... definitely contact me as it's so weird we have been involved in some real life Catfish ****.

I'm just a humble working class dad who makes some really weird music in Pennsylvania. No more no less. I will be contacting the forum itself about the fake DAFYDD MCKAHARAY registered on here... as they are probably monitoring all this under that account.

Cheers,
DAF

Whoever you are here is an open invitation rather then messing with me in the shadows why not confront me in person? That's what brothers do know? You obviously have dug up enough about me and my family to know where I live so I'll even give you odds on this confrontation. Come find me in person don't announce when you're coming bring any group/Gang your one and jump me. I'd rather take a beating then deal with this type of crap. My brother has never in his life had any hesitation or qualms about confronting me about anything, I have the scars to prove it ( note from our younger years). If your information were truly correct you would know that my brother and I were not very close in our younger years.

So please Mr. Wizard behind the curtain find the courage to confront me (one on one, or face-to-face )so we can settle whatever wrong you might have with me.

And wait I just saw this, who the hell would post a picture of their drivers license online?? And what's with the pop-up ads when you click on the link??

Latest posts

Back