Stefan's Trouble in paradise

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stefan, that's such a shame.

If you decide to return to clinical work or if there's anything I can do let me know.

It looks like there are only Adjunct positions available in Chemistry and Communications where I teach. I'll keep my eyes open. When the faculty gathers again in a couple of weeks I'll see what may be in the works. You know how these things go. Sometimes a position is open, but not publically open. Good luck in the meantime!

I don't know what to say, I am shocked brother. Want me to drop a bomb on his ass?

LOL, that's a very tempting offer, Jason :) I just had a look at my personal files. They actually scraped together the one negative course evaluation out of 20 courses I got and the one year of under-performance after I was sick most of the year before to justify the decision. What a bunch of jerks.

Stefan

And people complain about the excessive power of the unions.

I really wish you the best of luck, Stefan. These are truly troubled times in many parts of the world. I hope everything will fall in to place in a good way for you.

Harald

I'm sorry to hear this, Stefan. It'll be very sad to lose such wonderful talent, and I hope you'll find something comparable in town.

One thing about UH: Politics and ignorance go together hand in hand here. Although I'm an alumni with only an undergrad degree, I've never had the highest regard for the way things are run on the Manoa campus. I assume things are just as bad on other campuses as well. You have my respect for finding your way through.

I hope that you will find what you're looking for, and that you get the opportunity to remain here in town. A little chaos today could bring wonders tomorrow.

Dive into your handle work for now. Let me know if you need an assistant! :happymug:

All the best

Ugh, academia politics, what a bunch of bs.

Sorry to hear you got screwed over by the dean Stefan, but you're a cool cat with talent and I'm sure you'll find something as good or better to pursue.

In the mean time hang in there and try not to let it stress ya too much. You've got plenty of time to figure things out.

I hope that you will find what you're looking for, and that you get the opportunity to remain here in town. A little chaos today could bring wonders tomorrow.

Dive into your handle work for now. Let me know if you need an assistant! :happymug:

All the best

Thanks for your encouragement, everyone. Yeah, university politics always reminds me a bit of kindergarten, and it's even worse within a med school...

Mindbender, be careful what you are offering, the last person who offered help is coming to the shop on Sunday ;)

Stefan

Not to make light of your situation, but I'm always a little suspicious of people who are awake at this hour of the morning . . .

??? Moi? It's midnight where I am, aren't you the one who is up at weird hours?

Stefan

I'm a little suspicious of people who live in other time zones!

I just read your post and I feel bad for you! :( I sincerely hope all works out for you in the end. You have many knife nuts here cheering for you:pirate1:

Sorry to hear about your situation, Stefan. As a recovering lawyer, I am obligated to ask if you have started preparing your complaint based on age discrimination and violation of the ADA? And yes, I am being semi-serious, particularly if they based their decision on the time period when you were sick. Not saying it would work, but making their ******** pucker up might be worth the price of admission..:eek2::D
LOL, that's a very tempting offer, Jason :) I just had a look at my personal files. They actually scraped together the one negative course evaluation out of 20 courses I got and the one year of under-performance after I was sick most of the year before to justify the decision. What a bunch of jerks.

Stefan

Very sorry to hear about this sir - For what it's worth I was part of a mass lay-off in February - the first couple of months are tough - but if you stay optimistic, and as much ahead of the "game" as possible -- you will end up ahead. There's always a better place to work - I hope you are able to keep from up-rooting as well.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Stefan. As a recovering lawyer, I am obligated to ask if you have started preparing your complaint based on age discrimination and violation of the ADA? And yes, I am being semi-serious, particularly if they based their decision on the time period when you were sick. Not saying it would work, but making their ******** pucker up might be worth the price of admission..:eek2::D

The problem with this is it doesn't make you very attractive to other employers.
Best of luck Stefan.

There is always the beer garden and spam shack.
' come for the beer and stay for the spam":hula::aloha:
konabeer.jpg
[/IMG]
spammusubi9.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back