Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.eatingtools.com/kitchen-knives/215-loop-chef-knife-andersson-copra.html

This is horrible...
loop-chef-knife-andersson-copra.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It just seems like a recipe for galvanic corrosion. I could be wrong though. The ruining of heat treatment should be billed as differential hardening, they could charge more :) How sturdy could that handle be?

Handle definitely looks like it uncomfortable - the forced patina is interesting, wonder if its just etched?

On this one, I wonder if those are actually all hamons? I Think the "double" hamon is sometimes sought after.

Not saying I like it, but some credit for doing something I haven't seen with 7 hamon lines if they are real...though could see these just being etched on afterwards...not really sure

xxl-shallot-knife-don-carlos-andrade.jpg

attachment.php

loop-chef-knife-andersson-copra.jpg

Looks like Turbochef just got his answer on what to do with his busted Nenox. :rofl2:

On this one, I wonder if those are actually all hamons? I Think the "double" hamon is sometimes sought after.

Not saying I like it, but some credit for doing something I haven't seen with 7 hamon lines if they are real...though could see these just being etched on afterwards...not really sure
Yeah it's doable.

This looks soldered. No wait, it looks like someone attempted to solder it using too little preheating on the workpieces and/or a completely unsuitable flux. Hope they used a solder that will not leach the plating out and form a brittle intermetallic.

Well, my soldering experience is, admittedly more in the electronics area - and from that perspective, these joints look like something not to be trusted to keep a sharp pointy object hanging off them from going for a floor dive... oh wait I guess they must be brazed, ... uhhh, are there even food safe brazing alloys that will not need temperatures far above what will either wreak havoc with the temper or do other bad stuff to the metal if you create that big a thermal difference and shock if you forcibly cool the edge area...?

I HOPE I am misinterpreting what I see.

Well, my soldering experience is, admittedly more in the electronics area - and from that perspective, these joints look like something not to be trusted to keep a sharp pointy object hanging off them from going for a floor dive... oh wait I guess they must be brazed, ... uhhh, are there even food safe brazing alloys that will not need temperatures far above what will either wreak havoc with the temper or do other bad stuff to the metal if you create that big a thermal difference and shock if you forcibly cool the edge area...?

I HOPE I am misinterpreting what I see.

I think you are. From what I can see, the blade has been adequately protected by a heat sink, and the joint appears to be sound.

From an aesthetic perspective, the joint is jarring, to say the least.

But, I'd rather have one of these than a Guy Fieri Knuckle Special. :biggrin:

Good god. That looks like the **** we used to make with railroad ties back in metalshop, sophomore year. I should have held on to those things.

Chef Knife.

Repurposed Great Northern Railroad steel.

Hand skived Western Montana rawhide leather wrap and sheath from neighborhood farm.

Please be advised that my interest in this particular steel is its unique earthy je ne sais quoi, so it'll cut like wet balls, but you know... Authenticity or some ****, right?

$800

Edit - Damn. It started as a joke, now I'm just mad at myself for not being smart enough to actually do it.

Oh, if it is made of super blue, I might take the uppermost knife :) Actually like the handle pattern as far as western handles go... the logos should go off with acetone or THF :)

Something from one of Randy's nightmares. Everything from one if his knives gone wrong.

Back