• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS [UK] Masakage Yuki 240mm, JKC Oka Bunka in AS and Mazaki migaki nakiri looking for new homes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisconnectedAG

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have to open up this thread again. The knives went out to a buyer IN Sweden in August, but then UPS, just sat on them for over a month. I got them back yesterday. The buyer was refunded several weeks ago of course. Trying this again, but UK preferred this time.

All knives are in the same shape as before. The box for the Yuki has been damaged a bit by pressure inside the pack, but otherwise everything is as below.

Original post:

Need to prune my collection, so am selling off a few knives that deserve better homes. They are all in excellent shape and have seen minimal usage and very little sharpening. None of the knives have been thinned or modified. I've uploaded all the pictures and a bunch of shots in an album you can find here:

1. Masakage Yuki, 240mm, Shirogami 2. The handle has been oiled a couple of times, but apart from that there are no scratches or damage to it. I prefer a profile with a bigger flat spot, so have used this very little. Looking for £165 with UK shipping. Can ship to EU and happy to split the costs.

full

2. Japanese Knife Company, Oka Bunka, stainless clad Aogami Super, 165mm,
This one has been very lightly used. I was browsing for a Santoku but ended up walking up with a Bunka. This is a very good performer and the grind and heat treat are good, in my opinion. There is some very light scratching on below the shinogi line on one side because I wanted to see if the grind was a little bit hollow. Besides that it's in pristine condition. It's £250 new (link here) and I'm looking for £180 for it.

full

3. Mazaki migaki nakiri, iron clad Shirogami 2
Bought this knife last year for my birthday in April last year and just never got into the profile. I have another Mazaki which I do love a lot, so this one needs a better home. This has been used a bit and sharpened a few times. Because it has seen some onions, it has developed some patina, as you can see in the pic, but I'm happy to polish it out before shipping depending on your preference. Looking for £160 for this one.

full

There are more pictures in the album, and please PM me if you want to see anything more specific.

All knives come with the original box and rust paper and I'll ship using insured DPD.

Cheers and thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Unless I miss my guess that bunka is made by anryu. The box matches what my anryu santoku came in and the kanji appear to match as well. A pity you aren’t selling in the us. GLWS
Thank you for the id! I've always regretted not buying the santoku. The f&f on this are of high quality, and edge retention is fantastic.

Last edited:
Good stuff and keen prices. Sadly I’m overstocked in these areas, but still sorely tempted - good to see more on offer in the UK

GLWS
👍

Bumping this thread. The knives are back worj me sadly, du to how extremely bad UPS is, combined with Swedish customs hell. My apologies to the original attempted buyer.

UK only for now gents, but willing to discuss mainland Europe as long as its not Sweden.

Knives in original shape, except for the Yuki box, which unfortunately suffered some pressure damage.

The Anryu (I've verified the kanji) and the Mazaki are still avail. I'm in half a mind of keeping the Maz, but if anyone wants a nice Xmas cutty thing give me a shout.

The Anryu (I've verified the kanji) and the Mazaki are still avail. I'm in half a mind of keeping the Maz, but if anyone wants a nice Xmas cutty thing give me a shout.

Anryu sold. Thank you kind KKF friend and hope you enjoy it lots.

Mazaki migaki nakiri in Shirogami 2 still available and looking for a new home.

Back