UK Meetup

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoshi

Shindo Maniac
Reaction score
Getting massively jealous seeing the ECG pictures. Whilst I know the turnout won't be as big (unless we can convince Chang to bring his 500+ knives over), but I think there are quite a few of us in the UK, ok mode, esso etc

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in having one? I think it'll be quite a bit of fun.

Great at have at least 6 people now, where's everyone located? I'm in the Midlands

Also London.

It would be nice to go for a meal somewhere, or for some form of sharpening masterclass if we can work out an appropriate venue and have any experts amongst us up for it (@cotedupy 👀) - I am still yet to produce an edge that cuts through kitchen roll!

Last edited:
Also London.

It would be nice to go for a meal somewhere, or for some form of sharpening masterclass if we can work out an appropriate venue and have any experts amongst us up for it (@cotedupy 👀) - I am still yet to produce an edge that cuts through kitchen roll!
That is an awesome idea. Given the size of the meet up is going to be relatively small (guessing it's still less than 10 for now?) A sharpening sharing session is definitely feasible.

I guess it looks like London is a good choice of location. Would anyone mind being a host or know of any low cost place to hire?

I’d be well up for this, sadly have left London so can’t offer to host unless people fancy a trip to Cardiff

Somewhere like kitchen provisions may be prepared to do a special out of hours thing - where better to host a knife meet up than a knife shop.

I’d be happy to run a sharpening session too

Easier in Cardiff as have the workshop, but can pack stones and stuff

There’s also the sharp show coming up but that’s midlands way rather than London.

I am very much liking the sound of this so far!

Sharpening is thirsty (and hungry) work, so I would likely be down for grabbing a bite after too.

Weekend works for me as pesky job gets in the way of midweek fun
When are people thinking -September?

Weekend of 8/9th any good?

Great thing about London is the availability of decent eats.

8th or 9th of Sept is good for me 👌

I double checked with Jimmy today, and as suspected - if people want we can do this at Blenheim Forge (next to Peckham Rye overground) any weekend anyone fancies. And obviously there are a load of good places to eat / drink around there after, cos Peckham is well trendy now, innit!

I double checked with Jimmy today, and as suspected - if people want we can do this at Blenheim Forge (next to Peckham Rye overground) any weekend anyone fancies. And obviously there are a load of good places to eat / drink around there after, cos Peckham is well trendy now, innit!
Nice one Oli!

Works for me.

14-15 Oct are out for me unfortunately, as is 11 Nov, but 12th is good.

Happy for 12 of Nov as well. Failing that, what's everyone's availability like for December?

Back