Welcome aboard Korin!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, welcome Mari Sugai!

Here's a vid I filmed inside Korin with permission of the staff. I had a great time there and left with some awesome tools!

[video=youtube;l22Va6YnfQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l22Va6YnfQc[/video]

Please enjoy.

Oh this is great! I'm so glad you had a good time at the store. :) I hope I can catch you at the store next time.

In my "bucket list" I have, among others, visit NYC and visit Korin. Welcome to KKF!

Awesome! Thank you so much! I hope the knives you purchased are serving you well. Let me know if I could help you with anything. :D

Yes, the knives and the service were both great. Thank you very much!

A visit is worth it; did it once and have bought 1,000 knives from Korin, really, no exaggeration. Does Mari know that free saya pins have to be provided to everyone on this thread? Did anyone mention this?
s.

A visit is worth it; did it once and have bought 1,000 knives from Korin, really, no exaggeration. Does Mari know that free saya pins have to be provided to everyone on this thread? Did anyone mention this?
s.

Thats great! Do you drop the store? :)

LOLOL You know, I don't know if I can provide saya pins, but I would love to gather a few of you for a private knife sharpening demonstration with Mr. Sugai.

Thats great! Do you drop the store? :)

LOLOL You know, I don't know if I can provide saya pins, but I would love to gather a few of you for a private knife sharpening demonstration with Mr. Sugai.

I would totally make a trip to NYC for that! :doublethumbsup:

Welcome to the forum!

Looking forward to seeing pictures!
(Thats all I can afford right now)

Depending on the day, yeah I could be in for that.

Yes, I would make the trip for that. I think you owe me two demo's already anyway. Can you get Jackie back for this as well? I would like to meet some of the people on the forum and this would be a good excuse, if you get a good response.

Yes, I would make the trip for that. I think you owe me two demo's already anyway. Can you get Jackie back for this as well? I would like to meet some of the people on the forum and this would be a good excuse, if you get a good response.

Great! Mr. Sugai will be leaving for Japan tomorrow, but once he comes back I will open a thread for Korin visit with a private knife sharpening demo with Mr. Sugai. Does this sound okay?

Unfortunately, Jackie no longer works with Korin anymore, because she moved to China. I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but I heard she was in charge of Knife Forum. I will let her know via email though that there are people on this forum who still remember her. I'm sure she'd be really happy. :)

Welcome! I have been to the store a few years ago, like a candy store for people like us ;) I came there mostly to spy on the handles of the upper level knives, but then I walked out with a deba...

Stefan

Welcome! I have been to the store a few years ago, like a candy store for people like us ;) I came there mostly to spy on the handles of the upper level knives, but then I walked out with a deba...

Stefan

ROFL Yea... this tends to happen a lot, people come in to just look and they walk out with something. Which of course is great, but honestly I just hope you had a good time and someone took care of you well. :)

Welcome! If I ever hit up NYC, I'll be sure to pop in. You are there, right?

Welcome! If I ever hit up NYC, I'll be sure to pop in. You are there, right?

Yup! I am there Monday~Thursday, 9am to 6pm. Feel free to let me know when you'll be stopping by, and I will try to organize something. :)

Welcome! Thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to Korin, looking forward to my next!

I remember Jackie, as well. I wasn't the easiest customer and she was nice.

Welcome! I bought my first Japanese knife from Korin. A Masamoto Shiro-ko Hongasumi yanagiba 300mm. Use it often and enjoy it. Thanks!

Welcome from one of those who acquired very first "real" Japanese kitchen knife from Korin.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes everyone! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to Korin!! :D

Back