Welcome aboard Korin!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! I bought my first Japanese knife from Korin. A Masamoto Shiro-ko Hongasumi yanagiba 300mm. Use it often and enjoy it. Thanks!

Korin broke me into Japanese knives too with a Tojiro DP gyuto (Shuns don't count). Things haven't been the same since.

Wait. So that means Kai PureKomachi 2 pink and orange and blue knives don't count? Damn. LOL

I am in CT and haven't been there yet! Definetly interested in the sharpening demo, but I work 3rd shift and have some weird hours!

Just wanted to add my two cents and belatedly say "welcome." Thanks for your response to my post about unexpected surprises out of the box and the occasional problem with Nenox's shrinking scales. As a fellow New Yorker, I've been to the store many times and only wish I'd discovered it sooner. The staff has always been gracious--and were always especially nice to my dachshund, who accompanied me more loyally than my wife! You may remember her (the dog, that is).

Are you asking if Globals count as Japanese knives? I'm going to assume you are... but no Globals aren't Japanese knives. They are really light though. Personally, the handles are a little too flat. :)

Just wanted to add my two cents and belatedly say "welcome." Thanks for your response to my post about unexpected surprises out of the box and the occasional problem with Nenox's shrinking scales. As a fellow New Yorker, I've been to the store many times and only wish I'd discovered it sooner. The staff has always been gracious--and were always especially nice to my dachshund, who accompanied me more loyally than my wife! You may remember her (the dog, that is).

Oh I'm so glad you have a good time here and the sales team has treated you well. Aww, yea we love dogs!! We have dog treats in the showroom for our doggy friends. :)

I don't know WHAT made me think for second Global wasn't a Japanese company. It is and I knew that damnit. Sorry brain fart. (x__x)

Speaking of brain fart. I have no idea were I was going with that. I know Globals are a Japanese company, they were my "gateway" knives. Maybe... uch... who knows.

Back