Welcome to Kitchen Knife Forums!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vils had a birthday this past week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (late) Vils! Good to see you here!

PS The post office has your board.

Hello all, New from San Diego. Tons of good reading so far and planning on spending some money here :)

Have really been getting crazy over knives recently. Great to be here, think it's truly an honor to be able to communicate with so many great makers and sellers. Looking forward to it.

Kny welcome I am in Charlotte also. Are you in the industry here or just a home cook?

Oh yeah, never done anything but cook for a living. I cater, have been for the past 10+years. Would love to be at a restaurant, but the money sucks. I'm looking to open my own space, but even that's a couple of years away. Do you know of anyone in our area that makes kitchen knives? Would love to check it out.

In our area that makes them no. There isn't even a good cutlery store in Charlotte, your 2 options are Williams-Sonoma and Sur La Table. The asian restaurant supply store on Tryon and Sugar Creek next to that asian supermarket has some Tojiro and Togiharu stuff but that is it. But that area is not so great.

...hope I'm not too late for the free knife giveaway:lol2:

You are, butt welcome to the Knut House anyway!

I was only joking!

Now that I've bounced around--and saw the drawing--I'm crying:(

I'm just excited to check this place out...I've been hanging out at another forum that I won't mention but the blatant advertising/shilling was getting to me. In addition to stumbling upon this place a few times in the past to glean information, I've dug around a bit to see how things work around here. Very happy to see transparency in any advertising.

Cheers,
Chinacats

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to Introduce myself. I'm a Cattle Farmer from Fort Payne, Al. I am an avidd fan of any type of blades. I recently began purchasing old knives and restoring them. The knives I do restore are ones that are so rough they dont have any real value, Don't worry I do research them before I begin to be sure and not destroy a hihg value knife. I Began learning to work, shape, and temper metal about a year ago. I purchased all of the necessities to begin making my own knives, unfortunately as i got to point where I was comfortable enough to begin my own knive, had a fire that destroyed my barn with a metal and wood shop. So during the rebuilding time I have begun sharpening and restoring knives. I own an edge pro, pro series sharpener. It is amazing.
But I came across this Butcher Cleaver, and know very little regarding it. It is made by Terrier Cutlery company. The little I know regarding them is they manufactured knives between 1910-1916. I have a picture of the Cleaver if anyone knows any info on it or possibly its value, I'd be appreciative.
Looking forward to future discussions IMG_0466.jpg

Hey Guys New to the Forum Just wanted to say hello and Hope every one is doing great!!!!!!!

Been lurking for a while, finally joined, and now posting. I am the chef at two restaurants in Minneapolis and am a little knife obsessed. Happy to have found some likeminded people.

Just joined, looking forward to sharing the wealth of knowledge and experience you all have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back