What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I attended a concert recently and we had the luck that the musicians joined us during the class prior to the concert, they played the Allegro of Op 70 (Ghost) for us to illustrate some things and I managed to record a few minutes of a Stradivarius playing less than 2 meters being gobsmacked by the sound while being deaf from a cold in one ear, an unnamed Cello by a maker from Rome from the same period and a small grand piano packed into a smallish basement room with approx 25 music enthousiast.

Aleksii Semenenko, Aleksii Stadler and Enrico Pace

sound snippet only (smartphone)
g15wp0oH878

Last edited:
Frozen OST - Let It Go by Idina Menzel. I lost count how many times today.

I'll spare everyone the link.

I just came home from a Alexei Volodin concert....MAGNIFICENT is an understatement...it's as if he can produce 160 dB by dropping his pinky a tenth of a mm....He played a piece by mendtner, an unknown to me and I was amazed by his touch, interpretation and expression. ridiculously good!

Last edited:
not a lot of love here for orchestral music … ?

Currently I am in a long deep
dive into the symphonies of Sir Arnold Bax. Music the size of continents! I’m still finding new delights after hundreds of listens through a stereo I cannot afford to replace.

The Bryden Thompson/London Phil set! I also have the Handley/BBC Phil set, but it is muddy and poorly articulated by comparison.

Back