what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stone brewing company smoked porter, quite nice actually

Last night

Shipyard Pumpkin Head
Grappa (dont know the brand, I was out to eat), neat

Just had a Southern Tier barleywine and Avery 18th anniversary rye-saison. Yum!

Woodford Reserve, rocks.

Agreed. My favorite everyday bourbon.

You winos need to get some pants and get rid of the grape juice. Expensive hobby for some weak sh!t that pairs poorly with food.

Last edited:
2007 Wild Hog Sonoma Coast Zinfandel for dinner, and Germaine-Robin Coast Road Reserve brandy until the sun comes up.

I had dinner with a friend last night, we were gluttons....

We split a 4-pack of Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ales while I made dinner and we enjoyed about a dozen and a half seared sea scallps.
We then enjoyed a bottle of 2007 Perrin et Fils' Vinsobres Les Cornuds with our main course of Porterhouse, grilled squash, and baked russets.
Followed up dinner with a pair of basil daiquiris - up (think mojito martini, sub basil for mint, hold the soda).
Then we went ahead and capped the evening off with a couple portions of High West Rendezvous Rye - neat.

That is really a fantastic rye, for you whiskey drinkers out there. Good enugh to regularly convert me from my usual Basil Haydens bourbon.

I haven't opened up anything yet tonight, I have a growler of Roller Bock from a local brewery - Buckbean, that's prolly on the menu eventually.

Tonight is Bell's Oktoberfest and Founders breakfast stout.

1964 Maccallan with 1pound Grilled Bison Ribeye. the bachelor chef dinner no accompaniments, just the steak and the scotch.

Bachelor Chef Dinner!!! Haha, if the bachelor is Bruce $#@%ing Wayne!

(Cheers though! :D)
I did a private dinner at some wealthy guys house at the last minute on Christmas eve, as I walk out the door he hands me a box and says merry christmas and thank you. Inside the box $2500.00 tip on top of the $1000.00 dinner for 4 and a full size bottle of the 64 MacCallan. It was a good Christmas that year. Been horrible since.lol

1964 Maccallan.

:Ooooh: Wow, that's a treat (I assume, never could afford it). Reminds me, long time ago I used to occasionally hang out at a bar that had the 30y Black Bowmore and the rare 40y bottling, the 40y sold for $690 a shot. As a poor post doc I offered them $200 for a teaspoon of each just to compare them, but they didn't do it. Years later the 40y bottle was still almost full and it was definitely not getting better from sitting on a bar shelf. Still annoys me when I think about it.

I'm having water tonight, maybe I'll go for a glass of eau de vie (hazelnut) as a night cap.

Stefan

:Ooooh: Wow, that's a treat (I assume, never could afford it). Reminds me, long time ago I used to occasionally hang out at a bar that had the 30y Black Bowmore and the rare 40y bottling, the 40y sold for $690 a shot. As a poor post doc I offered them $200 for a teaspoon of each just to compare them, but they didn't do it. Years later the 40y bottle was still almost full and it was definitely not getting better from sitting on a bar shelf. Still annoys me when I think about it.

I'm having water tonight, maybe I'll go for a glass of eau de vie (hazelnut) as a night cap.

Stefan

I definitely can't afford it either. I usually drink tap water myself.lol

Today is New Belgium Fat Tire, Left Hand APA, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Makers Mark, Two other cheap Bourbons-- very old Barton, old crow... ugh

The Abyss with pizza and salad :angel2:

Just rigged myself up an Old Fashioned and walked my dog. Hit the spot.

Still have to fine-tune a job application that I am serious about tonight, but when I am done, it will be a Knob Creek tonight.

Stefan

My usual day drink (and right now) is sparkling water on ice with a splash of cranberry juice and a splash of limoncello. It's just fancy enough to make water interesting.

k.

Back