what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly Benromach is the poor man’s Springbank, and I can see the comparison.
I've heard that too and wouldn't disagree either. Def the more available proposition. Finding Springbank/Longrow/Hazelburn these days is like trying to snag a Yannick

Cheers
IMG_0129.jpeg

Stagg Jr tonight. Can’t decide if I like this neat or with a drop of water.

View attachment 310785
Saw the big Stagg at a shop in Copenhagen last week going for 4350 USD. Absolutely wild. I bought a bottle back in 2013 I think I paid maybe 120 dollars for it.
20240323_133206.jpg

Anyway, tonight is first Easter holiday in DK, so starting off nicely.
20240328_174610.jpg

Saw the big Stagg at a shop in Copenhagen last week going for 4350 USD. Absolutely wild. I bought a bottle back in 2013 I think I paid maybe 120 dollars for it.
View attachment 311384

Anyway, tonight is first Easter holiday in DK, so starting off nicely.
View attachment 311386

Sheesh. Ain’t no way they can get away selling that at that price. But wait, was in Louisville last weekend and saw this in a liquor store on Bardstown road. Guy was selling it for $2k. If it’s selling for $2k in Ky, I guess $4.3k in Denmark is not that crazy.
Ended up buying another Old Forester 117 before prices get out of budget.

Sheesh. Ain’t no way they can get away selling that at that price. But wait, was in Louisville last weekend and saw this in a liquor store on Bardstown road. Guy was selling it for $2k. If it’s selling for $2k in Ky, I guess $4.3k in Denmark is not that crazy.
Ended up buying another Old Forester 117 before prices get out of budget.
To be honest I don't even think it was worth the money when I got it for 120 dollars. I prefer Elmer T Lee.

So I guess you prefer lower proof bourbon. Elmer is not any easier to find though.
Proof doesn't matter so much to me, I'll usually drop in some water until it hits around 40%.

Elmer is impossible to find nowadays but 10 years ago I bought 8 bottles while they were "cheap". Still have four left.

Loved NoName #1 (got one unopened for the future, YESSSS), thought #2 was a bit cloying. Of course, none of the #3 available in my corrupt state.
I never tried the other two but I’ve heard a lot of good things about the first one.

No. 3 is still quite easy to find here in the UK - can you order spirits internationally from your state?

I never tried the other two but I’ve heard a lot of good things about the first one.

No. 3 is still quite easy to find here in the UK - can you order spirits internationally from your state?
I can have it sent to friends in other states if need be, and pick up on visits. But I pretty much have a 10 year supply of whisky at present….

La Chouffe is great stuff. Even when I lived near a supermarket that carried about 40 different Belgian beers, this one stood out. I admit I am not into the weirder side of the Belgian beer spectrum. Once it starts tasting like some sort of scientific fungus experiment, I'm out.

La Chouffe is great stuff. Even when I lived near a supermarket that carried about 40 different Belgian beers, this one stood out. I admit I am not into the weirder side of the Belgian beer spectrum. Once it starts tasting like some sort of scientific fungus experiment, I'm out.

I dig the Belgian beers. Even some of the the funky ones. This is the first time I've seen this one and it is very good indeed!

I've recently started buying at auction. These 3 are my latest purchases. Left to right, a single cask 23yo Glen Grant, 17yo Tasmanian whisky and a 17yo Caol Ila that was exclusively bottled for Shinanoya, a Japanese retailer in Tokyo. The CI is exceptional.
whisky.jpg

Back