what are you shooting? (handgun thread)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about guns and politics? 🤣

But in all seriousness. I did not exactly intend for it to spiral (although it is a slippery slope….)

Happy to have the conversation in the PMs but yes should probably stay on topic.

As an olive branch I present my humble ppq with holosun.

Attachments

• IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Enabling olive branch mode —
here is my SSK Contender in .45-70 (mid-pressure) complete w/Burris variable scope in a T’SOB mount and Super Arrestor noisy party favor on muzzle.

My son calls this the Buffalo Gun. A former coworker called it the Noisy Cricket.

I’ve sent 405s downrange at a chrono’d 1600fps. The part I liked was when I touched a round off, everybody at the (outdoor) range stopped shooting and swiveled head toward my station.

Top is a barrel in 300 Whisper, which is the same as today’s Blackout. If ever a gun cried out for a top-tier suppressor …

1713033553077.jpeg

Scale object is my Y. Ikeda honyaki sakimaru 360.

Enabling olive branch mode —
here is my SSK Contender in .45-70 (mid-pressure) complete w/Burris variable scope in a T’SOB mount and Super Arrestor noisy party favor on muzzle.

My son calls this the Buffalo Gun. A former coworker called it the Noisy Cricket.

I’ve sent 405s downrange at a chrono’d 1600fps. The part I liked was when I touched a round off, everybody at the (outdoor) range stopped shooting and swiveled head toward my station.

Top is a barrel in 300 Whisper, which is the same as today’s Blackout. If ever a gun cried out for a top-tier suppressor …

View attachment 315052

Scale object is my Y. Ikeda honyaki sakimaru 360.
Looks like a backup big game hunting gun. Like those things are comically large lol

Looks like a backup big game hunting gun. Like those things are comically large lol
More of a primary hunting gun.

My idea of a backup gun in big/dangerous game situations is a 12-gauge pump loaded with maximum buckshot.

The argument works in the case of suppressors in the US for two reasons. First like you’ve correctly pointed out since most states allow them limiting them in some states is pointless as far as keeping them out of hands of criminals is concerned. Similar to other limitations on certain features that are unique to some states. The second reason is that suppressors are very simple devices in principle and can be easily manufactured with basic tools and knowledge. Of course these will not be as slick and efficient as the best commercial ones, but they will still do what you’ve described as suppressor attributes. Because of these realities the laws prohibiting them only work on law abiding citizens.
I honestly don't know how many suppressors are in circulation and how much of an issue / concern it is. I don't particularly feel that strongly about it; was just explaining why good reasons exist to try and regulate them (even if such efforts have missed the mark).

The original intent of the tax stamp was to limit their spread nationwide by simply making them costprohibitive to acquire. 200 dollars was a lot of money in 1934. But whoever implemented that failed to add a clause to adjust the price for inflation, hence why its effectiveness lessened over time.

An important thing to keep in mind is that 'things can be acquired in illegal means' still makes things significantly harder for anyone trying to do so, and gives an intercept point where law enforcement can prevent certain things from happening. Here in Europe the majority of terrorists intercepted before an attack in the last 2 decades were caught at the stage of acquiring weapons. For example to counter the threat of homemade explosives, a lot of the precursors and inputs for explosives manufacturing are controlled or at least suspicious purchases getting flagged.

Picked this up from an auction for a pretty good deal in today's milsurp market. A 1903 Swedish M96 in immaculate condition. Matching except for the cleaning rod

View attachment 315305View attachment 315306View attachment 315307View attachment 315308View attachment 315309
Beautiful!😍 Bore condition is excellent too. I am sorry I didn’t buy a few when I had the chance and especially the m/41 snipers and CG 63 300m competition rifles when they were available and reasonably priced. I still have a 1941 m/38 though.

Beautiful!😍 Bore condition is excellent too. I am sorry I didn’t buy a few when I had the chance and especially the m/41 snipers and CG 63 300m competition rifles when they were available and reasonably priced. I still have a 1941 m/38 though.
Yeah I'll never own an M/41 at the prices they're current going at. I'm looking to add a husky M38 to go along with my 96/38 and maybe one of the competition rifles just to fill out the collection. A M94 carbine would be neat as well but they're up there in price.

The frame redesigned ergos is what makes the biggest difference. S2 is my USPSA and 3 gun pistol. Absolute beast especially if you fit it with CGW/CZC parts.
mine is cajunized so dunno how it compares to base model.

do you know if by any chance the sights can be changed? I prefer old school gold dot in front. I shoot better with crude sights than precision lol

mine is cajunized so dunno how it compares to base model.

do you know if by any chance the sights can be changed? I prefer old school gold dot in front. I shoot better with crude sights than precision lol
Yes you just remove the pin and punch it out.

Realized I never posted this one. I picked this up from an auction for about 300 beans after shipping and whatnot. The Brazilian 08/34.30 started its life either as a 1908 long rifle or 1908/34 short rifle, and would have been chambered in 7mm mauser. Sometime in the 50s the US started surplusing it's unneeded 30-06 ammo and several South American countries took advantage of the cheap ammo and rechambered their mausers into the larger cartridge. These rifles would mostly be used for training or issued to police departments. During the conversion process the receivers were scrubbed of their original Czech markings are were stamped as if they were built at Itajuba in Brazil.

RDT_20240315_1325381872984752664639052.jpg
RDT_20240315_1325421656077614419113988.jpg
RDT_20240315_1325454122255051418993504.jpg
RDT_20240315_1325537189781594315123070.jpg
RDT_20240315_1325496048931830949719983.jpg

Yes you just remove the pin and punch it out.
Plan to send mine to primary at some point for an optics cut, red dot ftw. g34 with a SRO for idpa/uspsa but it’s been a couple years, rmr on everything else i own. The cgw s2 is just scary beefy and flat shooting, makes for phenomenal splits.

Latest posts

Back