what are your other hobbies?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weightlifting, computers, video games, A/V, and most nerd activities.

Try to learn english and all acronyms i've found on KKF:newhere: Sailing,I'm just already sold my boat. Scuba diving,(naaaa! no under ice diving anymore). Wine taster,(Sommelier, teacher) cigars...I've got goooood humidors, cooking of course and spending big time in my kitchen. Contemporary art collector. Spending time with my lovely wife.:censored::censored:

my newest hobby is motorcycles...i got to ride with my dad for the first time last summer and hopefully his leg gets better and we can soon ride again.....i wish i could get into making pottery again...i really liked that when i did it....ryan

I try to surf every chance I get (kind of hard in Chucktown SC), Fishing and bird hunting/training my German Shorthaired Pointer. Thats about it :)

I had to go back and read it a second time--I skipped the comma the first time around.

Computers, photography, games, anime, fishing, knives and cars :yammer:

Do we include cooking here? Well I like cooking...

I'm also getting into cars lately. I used to play music a bunch, but not that much anymore. I like to just listen more now. Love playing catch and going to the batting cage. I do some boxing too.

Yes, eating...

obviously the cooking and sharpening. After that i enjoy chess, drinking(good beer), shooting/hunting, metal/wood working, basketball and soccer when there is time, video games..

being a dad, trad archery, cycling, cooking, reading, brewing, generally being outstide

Eating, Drinking, Kitchen Knives, Guns, Home Audio, Cigars and god only knows what my next hobby is around the corner.

I collect sawdust.
....in my hair, ears, eyebrows and clothing.
Everyone thinks my name is Dusty. Including my wife.

Just teasing. When I can take the time I like to wander around here. 1/4 mile to the Illinois River, a couple miles to the mountains.
I just like to explore around and see what I come across. This was a gold mining area in the 1800s so you never know what you will stumble across.
I also have a gold pan and know all the places where there is absolutely no gold.

Kitchen knives.... and everything cooking related.
Huge on cooking every type of food from Thailand to Mexico....
Audio as well and good music...
Photography, computing and gadgets...

And if things keep going the way they have... well really nice little blocks of wood! :help3:

Working on old Jeeps, old computers and reading old cookbooks.

Mountain biking. I race a lot, but not as much as I did in my wary 20's. brewing and baking. Hiking. Cycling advocacy, I'm car-lite, and run a advocacy coalition here in town to promote cycling as transportation and public awareness.

Well, actually my main hobby (no offense to this lovely forum :D) is photography - since a few years it is mostly analog in medium format and little bit of large format (4x5") too. If you want too see what I means check out my Flickr :)

Love cooking,saltwater sport fishing,etc. My main hobby right now is playing ukulele. I spend at least two hours a day playing ukulele. Having a blast. Currently, I am waiting on a custom gyuto, and a custom ukulele.

image.jpg

Well, it is an old and new hobby. I have been sport shooting since i was 8 or so, got fairly serious in my twenties. Now i am prepping for the 3 gun competitions this summer, so i have been building a few toys. I have a Remington 700 action bedded in an Archangel stock, with a 26" Krieger barrel(mid build), A Remington 1100 with a 9 shot tube, 22" barrel, EZ loader and a collapsible stock. Still need to get my pistol, thinking a S&W M&P in 9mm and then this...
2013-03-14_11-45-06_24_zps9e44e723.jpg

This is a S&W M&P 5.56 NATO, Has a chrome BCG, Magpul stock and handguard, Hogue overmolded grip, Titanium firing pin, polished feed ramp. Am waiting for the Chrome moly 18" fluted barrel and Troy Alpha free float rail. Will also be swapping out optics. We were talking about cheap hobbies...right?

Oh, and for those who dont know, i like to draw. Actually, i draw, paint, sculpt, carve, scrimshaw, engrave.....Anything artistic and creative. Also i am a huge fly fisherman, it helps to just take the mind off the stresses of everyday life and puts you into some of the most beautiful places Mother Nature has to offer.

Forgot to at astronomy. If I added up the money I have spent on twlescopes and mounts, I could put myself through collage again. I'm just a visual observer, not into astrophotography, but still addicted.

Jmadams13:
I have recently been looking into getting a telescope to satisfy a life long wondering of the stars and cosmos. Any recommendations for a good starter scope in a ~300$ range??

At one time I loved extreme sports, but at some point my body started breaking down and my knees couldn't keep up. Now, in my rare spare time, I really enjoy hiking/trekking, mountain biking, photography, travel, diving (Scuba), and chess (although I am terrible at it). On occasion I still go skydiving, base jumping, and cliff diving, but that is a rarity.

I've been lurking around this forum and leaned to like it a lot. So now I thought it's about time to say hello.
Reading, cooking, gardening, mountainbiking. Knife is pretty new theme though I've been into cooking for more than thirty years, now. Just never thought about it...

Well, I cook for a living, but I still consider cooking to be my #1 hobby, since I spend most of my free time at home cooking. Lately I've been doing a lot of baking as well, which Is quite challenging and rewarding, and I really enjoy it.

Before I had a kid I did a lot of pistol shooting, mostly IDPA. I don't have the time these days, but once my son is old enough I will finally be able to get back out to the range, and hopefully get him involved in some competitive shooting as well. Also BK (before kid) I was into watches and bought and sold them regularly.

It's cool to see what everyone is into, good thread.

Back