what food do others LOVE but you don't?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine is Biscuits and Gravy. I don't get it. people love it and oooo and ahhhh..when it gets to the table. me..nope.

I actually don't even love the basic Biscuit all that much..hahha.

you?
Biscuits? Total misnomer. Biscuits are sweet and crunchy for dunking in tea.

All colors, dried, stuffed and soaked? I love the chonk green ones and Picholini. The dried can be bad. Too salty or mushy
Well obviously I love olive oil, so it’s not really the flavor of the olives I have a problem with, it’s the salt.

I’ve tried black, green, and stuffed, all of them are equally horrible to me.

Sea urchin. Smash burgers.
Aw man I am a slut for sea urchin. Granted, it has to be Fresh otherwise it is pretty evil stuff but when it's good it's like ocean foie gras to me.

My disliked popular food is spaghetti w/ marinara etc. Like yeah it's better if you go all fancy pants with ingredients and lovingly cook it...but I just don't like the core of it. I think wings are super overrated too. Militantly against cream cheese in sushi but I think that's fairly reasonable if you like fresh fish. Popcorn is also trash. I think that's it for now but I'm sure I'll have some others.

Foie gras. I thought I'd absolutely love it but it has the texture of that weird foam you only very occasionally find at the point the waves are breaking on a beach.

Agree with @Corradobrit1 about celery and feel exactly the same way about cucumber.

IMG_0030.jpeg

in this area - cargolade

I grew up eating lamb and absolutely love it.
never had oysters before I met my French wife, it's ok once in a while
never had mussels either, love moule frites.
foie gras I love too.

This was in Leucate in July 2022. My wife wanted to try a seafood place. We didn’t really know what it was about so she ordered for us and everything was still moving and neither one of us could do it…so we just left and it was expensive.

Attachments

• IMG_4229.jpeg
    IMG_4229.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Foie gras. I thought I'd absolutely love it but it has the texture of that weird foam you only very occasionally find at the point the waves are breaking on a beach.

Agree with @Corradobrit1 about celery and feel exactly the same way about cucumber.
you had it warm cooked, pan seared mi cuit? foie gras cooked I can understand has that foam consistency

Back