what food do others LOVE but you don't?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steak n shake > other chains.
plus their hot vinegar sauce poured over shoe string fries is 😋
Dang! That looks good, never heard of that chain, great price.
Screen Shot 2024-04-01 at 12.13.26 PM.png

I would live to try that Australian burger with beetroot and pineapple. Sounds intresting

I do not understand the desire to turn a cheeseburger into a smorgasbord, rivaling the most excessive Bloody Mary abominations. If I have to retrofit structural support to my handheld sandwich, there's a real problem.

I don't (necessarily) mind having to unhinge my jaw like a particularly hirsute python to take a bite of a very tasty pub style burger, but having to watch an egg, six pieces of bacon, half an avocado, some brisket, five tomatoes, thirty pickles, some pulled pork, an unagi fritter, and BoH Brad's ****ing beard tamer slide out the side is just beyond the pale.

A great smash burger should be wider than tall. A great pub burger should have a patty that's no more than an inch tall, unless we're talking a 1-2 pound monster burger. Cheese, onion, pickle, condiments, bun. That's it. If I want a burger casserole, I'll ****ing ask for it.
I hate this stupid tall gigantic burger trend as well. If I wanted to jam 10 inch monsters down my throat I would have picked a different carreer... You just can't eat these things in a normal fashion.

I hate this stupid tall gigantic burger trend as well. If I wanted to jam 10 inch monsters down my throat I would have picked a different carreer... You just can't eat these things in a normal fashion.
I think this is where someone says

$6.99 per month.

I'm also not a fan of the absurdly tall burger, ...feel the same about the extra tall gyuto trend.
Screen Shot 2024-04-01 at 2.42.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-01 at 2.39.46 PM.png

I don't have any strong food dislikes that I will refuse to eat, but one odd thing that I am not crazy about, that I want to learn to enjoy more, is Shiso leaf - to me it is reminiscent of the smell of smashed stinkbugs. Another food I've never had cooked well is liver and for me it's just dry and mealy. Same with boiled blood (had boiled bull's blood in Panama and we have Vietnamese pork blood stew in California). I'll eat it if it's served to me, but it's not my favorite.
Screenshot_20240401-120127-010.png

Last edited:
I don't have any strong food dislikes that I will refuse to eat, but one odd thing that I am not crazy about, that I want to learn to enjoy more, is Shiso leaf - to me it is reminiscent of the smell of smashed stinkbugs. Another food I've never had cooked wel is liver and for me it's just dry and mealy. Same with boiled blood (had boiled bull's blood in Panama and we have Vietnamese pork blood stew in California). I'll eat it if it's served to me, but it's not my favorite.
View attachment 312184
Glad I don't know the smell of mashed stinkbugs. Shiso leaf just tastes to me like a less exuberant version of mint.

I love pork liver and chicken liver, but I sure wouldn't love them cooked "dry and mealy." You have to catch it at the moment the red disappears from the center. Or even a bit earlier, for us liver fans. Calves liver is...OK, I guess. Fully grown cow liver is, to my taste, disgusting, just too intense. Maybe I'll like it when I'm 90 and almost all of my tastebuds are gone, and I am desperate for something with flavor.

mine is Biscuits and Gravy. I don't get it. people love it and oooo and ahhhh..when it gets to the table. me..nope.

I actually don't even love the basic Biscuit all that much..hahha.

you?
I absolutely adore biscuits ‘n gravy, maybe it’s just a Southern thang, since I was born and bred in the southernmost state in the US.
Most memorable I’ve had was the biscuits ‘n gravy w/ a side of fried catfish at the Breakfast Klub in Houston; next best from a diner in Tacoma. Hungry now.

I absolutely adore biscuits ‘n gravy, maybe it’s just a Southern thang, since I was born and bred in the southernmost state in the US.
Most memorable I’ve had was the biscuits ‘n gravy w/ a side of fried catfish at the Breakfast Klub in Houston; next best from a diner in Tacoma. Hungry now.
Definitely not just a southern thing (though I'm sure that's where it started). My blood runs white with little chunks of sausage and I'm PNW born and bred. Curious where in Tacoma you had killer BnG though because I had a similar experience there. Also, best chili I've had came out of Georgetown in Seattle lol.

I had no idea BnG were a thing in Hawai’i.

Looks amazing. And I heckin' love spam!
When my sister was in college on the mainland, she'd get my mom to include cans of SPAM in care packages sent to her. I'd mentioned that SPAM comes from a factory in Austin, MN, and cheaper to buy on the mainland—but she was convinced it tasted better from Hawaii.
IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_9986.JPG

[Top and above: SPAM cookbook; pallets of the lower sodium Lite SPAM at Costco, ...which doesn't taste nearly as good as SPAM Classic, despite the health benefits]

Back