What is the last thing you bought?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bottle each of McCarthy's peated whiskey and Pinckney Bend Gin.

I just bought longevity. And for only 7 bucks.

IMG_7941.jpg

Das ist ein Gürtelschnalle. Und es sehr billig wenn es gibt mehr jahre.

Nice saddle. I have about 13 years and at least 20K miles on my B17 classic on my titanium Airborne. Its a really light bike with a thick, old-school comfy saddle. To those that didn't grow up with Brooks, this is reason your seat is called a saddle.

Nice saddle. I have about 13 years and at least 20K miles on my B17 classic on my titanium Airborne. Its a really light bike with a thick, old-school comfy saddle. To those that didn't grow up with Brooks, this is reason your seat is called a saddle.

The good old days. These days I get 6,000 miles out of Brooks b.17 if I am lucky. Last one lasted around 3,000. Just bought one of the new b.17 Selects that are supposed to be thicker and tougher. We shall see. So far so good but only about 700 miles on it.

to actually add something to this thread - I just bought a Simpson Chubby 1 shave brush. First new shave brush in 6 years!

The good old days. These days I get 6,000 miles out of Brooks b.17 if I am lucky. Last one lasted around 3,000. Just bought one of the new b.17 Selects that are supposed to be thicker and tougher. We shall see. So far so good but only about 700 miles on it.

Yikes! only 3K? I would be...uuuuh....let's say, "fairly disappointed." I'm only at 2k on my Giant and will not be happy if I can't amortize the cost down to less per mile than my cars. (at least 5K doing some quick math in my head.)

yeah, it is disapointing, Brooks quality has really gone down in the last few years as far as their general b.17s are concerned. I am not the only one either. Several of my riding buddies burnt through recent b.17 at a similar rate. Hopefully the "special" will solve it. Wish they came in black though.

That being said the b.17 is still the most comfy saddle for me after trying several others over years. The Berthoud's come close and I like them too. Difference between the two is minimal up to 100 mile rides, longer than that and I am definitely more comfortable on a b.17.

Back