what is your favorite and Least favorite food as a leftover?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lasagna has to be the perfect leftover dish.....just keeps getting better. For those afore mentioned 'wake & bake mornings, cold fried chicken. Worst leftover for me is tuna salad; fishy, watery, wilted veggies. Eesshh.

Mashed potatoes - yuk, left over just bad bad memories.

Why not make potato cakes? Leftover mashed potatoes handful of flour, an egg, mix thoroughly. Heat skillet, non-stick, mash them into cakes, cook until they are a deep brown and then flip do the other side serve with eggs.

Why not make potato cakes? Leftover mashed potatoes handful of flour, an egg, mix thoroughly. Heat skillet, non-stick, mash them into cakes, cook until they are a deep brown and then flip do the other side serve with eggs.

+1 to this.

I like eating a lot of leftovers .... cold. I haven't figured out if I really like it cold best or I'm just too lazy to reheat the stuff. Cold roast beef or ribs don't work, but I'd eat a cold burger on its own. Cold french fries, they're a no go. Cold pizza, yeah why not.

Oh, I forgot to tell the back story. I was 7 and refused to eat mashed potatoes. My grandmother left them sitting out for 4 days to until I ate them. No other food, ever, made me gag so much. Only other time was finding 20+ eggs in a hidden spot where out chicken been laying them for 3-4 weeks...

Back