What nationality(s) are you?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was in another country and someone asked, I would say that I am American or from the U.S.

However, when talking about people's heritage/backgrounds, 'American' doesn't really mean much as far as who you are or where you came from...maybe nationality was the wrong word to use, but it is the way I've been describing my whole life.

+1

If I was in another country and someone asked, I would say that I am American or from the U.S.

However, when talking about people's heritage/backgrounds, 'American' doesn't really mean much as far as who you are or where you came from...maybe nationality was the wrong word to use, but it is the way I've been describing my whole life.

+2

I always wonder the same thing, which is why I said I was 100% American. The question was what nationality are you, right? As usual, I am overthinking things :)

Not at all!

You're just not joining in the fun of everyone else answering the question in a way that's more interesting.:razz:

My heritage is mostly german, a touch of irish, and polish; great grandparents from my mother and fathers side came from germany before WWI.
I am one of the few in my family that is interested in geneology.
I have been a northern michigan resident for all my life, and I like it here and I am proudly 100% american.
I do have a big family, my parents were the first generation to buck the trend with only 3 kids, I have 4, but one of my great grandmothers had 17 and her daughter(my grandmother) had 9.
Del

I'm a born American. My parents are from Laos (small patch of dirt between Vietnam and Thailand). We're pretty much culturally identical to Thai people.

With that said, I grew up around moms arsenal of Kiwi knives made in Thailand.

kiwi_knives.jpg

American since 1680. Prior to that, at Hole house, Exeter, England since 1075.

1/2 Northern Italian (Formerly "Sebastiani") then mostly Austrian with a little Lichtenstein. They pretty much are all in the same neighborhood. 3rd generation American. The old world family roots were in steel.

5th Generation Albertan (very rare) now living in Ontario. I'm 25% each of British, Scottish (Stewart), American (Oklahoma) and Native Canadian.

Bessarabian, dembravin....somewhere over there. Hard to know but part of the 1890s Ellis Island crew.

Born in Canada. Parents are from Malaysia but ethnic Chinese.

Latest posts

Back