What size saucepan can't you live without?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAST IRON HANDLES FOR LIFE. I also like 4mm thick 2.5 qt sauce pans that weigh 10 pounds, though, so maybe I'm weird. My particular example needs re-tinning, unfortunately, but it's amazing for hard boiled eggs.

Hah! I have a penchant for old school, I have to admit. I also climb, so heavy **** just makes me climb harder. Sounds like I've been training for copper use transferring anything and everything in my 4.2 qt Demeyere sauté when it's full! :lol2: Grit your teeth and pronate!

That saucepan sounds amazing. Pictures Edipis!

I just need a handsome young pot boy to schlep my heavy cookware around for me. :evilgrin:

you were born in the wrong century, unfortunately.

Hahahaha! I did overseas trading and sourcing for a while. I could probably find you one! It was in textiles, but I still have contacts over there who are quite resourceful. :lol2:

BTW, the new line from Falk with the stainless handle is really nice. It's more comfortable than the cast iron handle and stays a lot cooler.

CAST IRON HANDLES FOR LIFE.

Cast iron handles definitely win all the old school cool points. Unfortunately, they're heavy and they get hot (albeit slowly). This is where stainless handles shine, since stainless is such a poor heat conductor. Either is a better choice than bronze.

without a doubt..a 4 qt.

the best one i have used to date..(i'm a home cook, only) is a Cuisinart Multiclad Unlimited..i think it was better than my similar All-clad (egads!!blasphemy)..they cooked the same, but the cuisinart pour liquids out...way better. i sold my allclad. the cuisinart has to be the best bang for the buck ever.

i am gonna buy a 2 qt and call it good.

Back