Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I've been a salted!" - Prime Rib
PXL_20240405_214517179.MP.jpg

I have thought so for a while now, as i could not imagine what would make a difference in rib quality other than being located closer to the spine ..

I have thought so for a while now, as i could not imagine what would make a difference in rib quality other than being located closer to the spine ..
I'm not an expert on this, but I vaguely recall that the distribution of certain muscle groups within a rib slice changes as you go from the front towards the back of the animal, hence why some people prefer certain parts.

Aparently the 'prime rib' name is also a seperate thing from the usual 'prime/select/choice' meat grading system.

Neither fancy nor good photography, but I figured I should at least once share a picture of carbonara, considering how that's almost a mandatory right of passage here... ;)

Already ate the salad. Carbonara is already so heavy that I can't imagine combining it with anything else to be honest.

Attachments

• carbonara.jpg
    carbonara.jpg
    914 KB · Views: 0
Also FWIW, was a bit of an experiment to use rigatoni but it's the first pasta I've tried that doesn't make the dish worse than traditional spaghetti. It works well. Sauce can actually get inside.
Contrary to for example bucatini which is sometimes suggested, but IMO doesn't work well at all; the sauce doesn't enter so you're just left with fat dough strands; it makes it feel heavier.

Latest posts

Back