Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Muslim and Jewish friends complained about my ramen looks great but they can't eat it.

So ... Beef Tantanmen, the ramen noodles just didnt taste right in beef broth, so I used a 38% hyrdo/4% salt udon dough pulled pretty thin, it absorbed more broth than the ramen and works better with the all beef broth. Nuclear level spicy.

View attachment 101323View attachment 101324View attachment 101325View attachment 101326

Where's my Nobel Peace prize?
Wow. That’s next level!!

My Muslim and Jewish friends complained about my ramen looks great but they can't eat it.

So ... Beef Tantanmen, the ramen noodles just didnt taste right in beef broth, so I used a 38% hyrdo/4% salt udon dough pulled pretty thin, it absorbed more broth than the ramen and works better with the all beef broth. Nuclear level spicy.

View attachment 101323View attachment 101324View attachment 101325View attachment 101326

Where's my Nobel Peace prize?
I will buy this.

Find plenty of mushrooms during the weekend so mushroompie(chanterelles, funnel chanterelles, bacon, redonions, cheese)

IMG_20201101_194420.jpg

And w
And what time of year would that be???
Or i have no idea what that is.... I give up... Please explain.
The time of year the days are darker and colder. The time of year to curl up next to a fire place, with something warm and soothing.

Out of luck w.r.t. a fireplace. but at least I could make something soothening, mulled wine.

Here, the "Feuerzange" (a metal grate) suspends a cone of sugar above the spiced up wine. After soaking it with rum, it is set on fire and caramelizes into the wine - filling the house with smells of the coming xmas season, sounds of caramel hissing when hitting the wine, and later warming the body and spirit.
(tradition borrowed from our neighboring country)

Reverse Sear Beef Chuck Tender—awesome cheap steak supper.

1.75 lb piece of meat, salted an hour before cooking; roasted at 250f for 50 minutes; rested 15 minutes; seared about a minute on each side in an heirloom Griswold cast iron skillet; rested outta the pan for about 20 minutes before being sliced with a French 'cow sword.'

E26145A2-392E-46D0-927B-9FDFE2D827E7.jpeg

50DE1711-3D9B-4658-AECC-2EB5C2A60308.jpeg

40ED7BF2-EC00-42F9-8476-C3F3CEFA681F.jpeg

0DD0E17B-3657-464E-B29E-3EFEFE771490.jpeg

About 40 pounds of birria de res underway.

A 19 pound prime brisket and seven different chilies, mainly because I had them on hand and wanted to use them up.

_MG_3644.jpeg

I love having any reason to use this massive copper bowl.

_MG_3646.jpeg

With about 4 pounds of beef marrow bones added. It's going to be a long night, but fortunately, these won't be served until Saturday. Topped up a bit more with water after this pic. Chicken stock and a copious amount of Dr Pepper made up the remainder of the liquids.

_MG_3659.jpeg

_MG_3661.jpeg

About 40 pounds of birria de res underway.

A 19 pound prime brisket and seven different chilies, mainly because I had them on hand and wanted to use them up.

Can't wait to see yours!

I just made what I call "Asian Scrap Birria" tonight too. I only had 1 type of chili (dried Chinese red chili) and no beef or goat (pork butt and chicken back scraps).

I don't even know if I can call this a "birria" but here we are..

IMG_7823.jpg

Of course, tacos on the menu for tomorrow...

Latest posts

Back