what's your most used knife ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My most used knife is my Fujiwara FKH 210mm Gyuto. The primary reason I use this every day is because I am still not as proficient in sharpening as I would like to be so I would rather beat on this knife than my higher end blades.

My most-used knife is a Zwilling 4-Star for the same reason--I own some nicer blades, but feel like I should spare them until my sharpening skills improve!

My 210 Misono Moly is my most used. I get to sharpen it how and when I want and not feel too badly about it. I love how it feels and the sticky sharp feeling I get off of my 1k and (sometimes) some wet/dry. If I skip the wet/dry, I just strop on a phonebook, both inside and out.
It gets scary sharp and holds it fairly well, but most importantly, it FEELS right.
I love my petty and Misono Swede, but I find I use carbon more when the mood hits me. I intuitively reach for my Moly, even though the overall appeal is likely higher with my swede.
I guess it's a comfort zone thing.

Dead heat between Masamoto 240 KS wa-gyuto and Suisin 210 Inox Honyaki wa-petty; for my wife, 3" Cutco parer.

My most-used knife is a Zwilling 4-Star for the same reason--I own some nicer blades, but feel like I should spare them until my sharpening skills improve!

awe comeon guys isnt that why you have those nice knives? Besides I hear there is some guy you can send your knives to who does a really good job sharpening them.. Dave something?.. thats what I do with my super high end knives

I usually use the Carving Knife to slice some meat of animals. :thumbsup:

Dead heat between Masamoto 240 KS wa-gyuto and Suisin 210 Inox Honyaki wa-petty; for my wife, 3" Cutco parer.

You have great taste....your wife's is just like my girlfriend's, as she would rather use a Forschner serrated steak knife than the Global G2 that I passed on to her way back when.

I'm mostly using my Takeda 210 gyuto. I love the way it cuts, and the obvious hand work that went into it makes me feel connected to the maker.

awe comeon guys isnt that why you have those nice knives? Besides I hear there is some guy you can send your knives to who does a really good job sharpening them.. Dave something?.. thats what I do with my super high end knives
Stop that! My house of cards is flimsy enough without you hammering all over it with that cold, hard logic of yours!

But seriously, it is high time for a change! :biggrin2:

You have great taste....your wife's is just like my girlfriend's, as she would rather use a Forschner serrated steak knife than the Global G2 that I passed on to her way back when.

Thanks. I also have great taste in wives, er., wife. It's just that her idea of cooking is cornflake chicken, and all she needs a knife for is to open the packages... Like, I expect, all of us knife addicts I do most of the cooking around the house; it's worked well for both harmony and digestion.

Like, I expect, all of us knife addicts I do most of the cooking around the house; it's worked well for both harmony and digestion.

yes indeed. my girlfriend cooked some trout filets for us, about 3 years ago. the family fish cooking method that she learned was to saute it, at very low temps in butter, until the fish turned into a white mass and fell apart into a pile of mush. yeah, no thanks. i've cooked about every meal, since. ;)

yes indeed. my girlfriend cooked some trout filets for us, about 3 years ago. the family fish cooking method that she learned was to saute it, at very low temps in butter, until the fish turned into a white mass and fell apart into a pile of mush. yeah, no thanks. i've cooked about every meal, since. ;)

I guess I lucked out. My wife is a very good cook, but she doesn't love to do it like I do!
If I'm home, I'm cooking with a sexy sous-chef by my side. If I'm working, she cooks...I assume without a sexy sous-chef(?) :p
My passion for knives is just a fortunate byproduct of my love of cooking.
I'll cook anywhere, with anything, but it isn't quite as much fun without a piece of perfectly shaped and sharpened steel, and a carbon steel/cast iron pan!

Mine: Akifusa 240 gyuto. Zydecomama: Akifusa 180 santoku. Have been leaning on Moritaka 180 nikiri and Kato 165 santoku more - loving that carbon steel.

Right now it is my Hattori FH 270 Gyuto. For a large knife it seems very nimble to me.

The next knife that I am lusting over is a Konosuke 240 or 270 HD Gyuto - I can't wait until I can get it!

Cheers,

Andrew

Latest posts

Back