who's in the DC area?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, to cope with the cold I'm drinking four roses.
They have a special barrel of Four Roses at Art & Soul. Just sayin'........................
.........it beats the hell outta PBR.

I used to be able to stomach it. However, I went out on Monday night and downed 3 tall boys(24 oz) at a show. I felt like I had been poisoned the next day. Not a hangover, mind you no headache, etc. Just felt like dog piss all day. No more Pabst for me!

I used to be able to stomach it. However, I went out on Monday night and downed 3 tall boys(24 oz) at a show. I felt like I had been poisoned the next day. Not a hangover, mind you no headache, etc. Just felt like dog piss all day. No more Pabst for me!

More slander against PBR. I call into question the other food and beverage choices you made that day along with how well you're keeping up with your pro-biotic health.

I had 3 tall boys yesterday along with a few pints of whiskey at a bourbon and bacon event and I awoke this morning feeling like a god. True, a god that couldn't remember where the keys were, why my pants were in the living room and why there is something sticky on the floor.

I'm right there with you. For my first kitchen job, when I was still underage, they gave us PBR as a shift beer. So it had a special place in my heart (and wallet) and I drank tons of it when I was younger. I can't drink it at all anymore though. I feel like it happened over night, I bought a 6 pack of tall boy's one day and I couldn't make it past the second. Too chemically feeling for me. And I still love affordable, ice cold beer (more than expensive micro-brews TBH)... but give me a Schlitz, Yuengling or Bud Heavy any day of the week.

High Life is another for me. I used to drink that like it was water (because it mostly is...) and I'm not sure I could finish one nowadays.

I just keep coming back to high life. It was my shift beer for so many years that it is just a part of my life. A high life a day keeps the crazies at bay.

Just want to say hi to all... I'm in DC (NE, near Union Market). I'm not a pro chef, just an enthusiastic home cook. Looks like I've eaten the food from of few of you (Zaytinia, Art & Soul)... what other restaurants around here do folks work at?

tkern is now at Boundary Stone on Rhode Island Ave, which is right in your backyard. Not many other DC-area restaurants represented here, but I think the ranks are slowly building.

I've heard great things about Boundary Stone. It's definitely on the list for a visit.

I'm looking forward to a DC area event. Sips & Suppers sounds awesome, but our first child is coming any day now, so it's a bit difficult to plan for the event.

Back