who's in the DC area?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in Annapolis as well and get to DC every once in a while but havent tried many of the restaurants recommended in this thread. definitely need to try a few.

I did a little recon today. Chef Costa/ Zaytina still kick serious butt. Plus Mike had a giant kuro-ichi knive he just brought back from Turkey. Once again we threw ourselves at the chefs' mercy, and we must have had close to 20 plates. It was the first time my mom experienced how the pros here on KKF welcome forum members to their restaurants. :cool2:

Dave, my girl and I still talk about the dinner Mike Costa provided us this April. It's still the dining experience that all others are measured. We'll be back this spring for another visit. My youngest daughter (8YO) still talks about the grilled octopus. She said daddy I love you but I'm not sharing the octopus with you, ok

panda update???? Your avatar says you are in DC now...

Bill, we hit Zaytinya again about 1-1/2 weeks ago when rogue108 came to town. Mike was working the floor and was able to spend some time talking with us. The wife is going this Sunday to see Mario Batali talk about his new cookbook, and to eat some of the dishes from the cookbook prepared by Mika and his staff. Geeze, we've eaten there more the last 6 months then the total amount of times we ate out at all in 2013. I need to balance things by visiting tkern again. :D

panda update???? Your avatar says you are in DC now...

Bill, we hit Zaytinya again about 1-1/2 weeks ago when rogue108 came to town. Mike was working the floor and was able to spend some time talking with us. The wife is going this Sunday to see Mario Batali talk about his new cookbook, and to eat some of the dishes from the cookbook prepared by Mika and his staff. Geeze, we've eaten there more the last 6 months then the total amount of times we ate out at all in 2013. I need to balance things by visiting tkern again. :D

Yeah, you do.

Living in south riding, tied up with work crazy busy.. Looking like its gonna be like this for a while too.
Working in DC or somewhere in NoVa? If DC, welcome to the wonderful world of DC traffic.

Yeah, you do.
Best bet at this point is likely an early dinner on a Sunday. Luca seems to have a tolerance for hanging out a bit if it spans his dinner time. Plus he can go back to the walk-in and play with the pig heads.

Best bet at this point is likely an early dinner on a Sunday. Luca seems to have a tolerance for hanging out a bit if it spans his dinner time. Plus he can go back to the walk-in and play with the pig heads.

Roscoe is always welcome. I'll give him a ball of caul fat to play with. Kids love that sort of stuff.

panda's working just a block from The White House.

Man, that's one of the toughest spots to get to as a commuter, even if you don't start work until a bit past rush hour.

There are quite a few good restaurants in Mr. Obama's neighborhood these days, but you will earn extra bonus points if a) the place is called Equinox, and b) you like to frequently host KKF members :biggrin: Please shoot me a PM once you are settled in at the restaurant and let me know which place it is; we'll try to visit sometime in November. And if you need assistance, information, etc. on anything in the area, please feel free to ask. Oh, and your restaurant is probably not more than a few blocks from ChefCosta at Zaytinya. Maybe us non-pro KKF members can arrange a restaurant version of a pub crawl at some point.

Foo fighters are playing at the black cat this Friday. Tickets go on sale at 6 today at the venue. Cash only. . Lucky bastards. I'll have to settle for the " American Idol" show that rolls through. Charlotte sucks!

Foo fighters are playing at the black cat this Friday. Tickets go on sale at 6 today at the venue. Cash only. . Lucky bastards. I'll have to settle for the " American Idol" show that rolls through. Charlotte sucks!

David Grohl a local boy who hits it big. To busy/tired to go. Not sure which is worse; living somewhere you don't get these shows or living where the shows are but not being able to go?

I would gladly host if I was at the restaurant, unfortunately I am in banquets. When things slow down, I will make it out to all the local area chefs establishments for sure.

David Grohl a local boy who hits it big. To busy/tired to go. Not sure which is worse; living somewhere you don't get these shows or living where the shows are but not being able to go?

Dave Grohl heads over to a restaurant near me fairly frequently when he is town. A friend of my son's works there and we get Dave sightings from her.

Sadly the only place in the city I've ate at so far (been here a month) is daikaya ramen house because I took an extended lunch break. But oh man that was the best ramen I've ever tried! Afreakingmazing.

A restaurant crawl would be great.

I'll be visiting DC for work in a week - I will definitely use this thread to guide me in the eve, thanks!

How long will you be in town? Might be able to pull a few KKFers together for a dinner one night.
I'll be in town only shortly (fly in -probably rather jet lagged ;) - on Saturday (14/11) and go back on Wednesday (19/11)), I am definitely in for meeting up! :)

Sorry for not following up earlier this week. Sunday and Tuesday are possibilities for dinner. Do you have a working cell phone here, or just email/ PMs?

Traffic/commute is killing me!! Completely lost it this morning because not only was it congested beyond belief, but a vehicle in front of me slowed to a crawl through a green light with no other cars ahead. What made it worse is have on brand new pair of leather shoes so you add discomfort stress and it's almost going hulk time.

Traffic/commute is killing me!! Completely lost it this morning because not only was it congested beyond belief, but a vehicle in front of me slowed to a crawl through a green light with no other cars ahead. What made it worse is have on brand new pair of leather shoes so you add discomfort stress and it's almost going hulk time.

You need copious amounts of beer and pig.

Back