Your favorite cookbook?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see some Aussie books on that list! I love the Pier book, and I worked at Bentley :) other good Aussie cookbooks Quay, Origin (Attica), Marque

Australian chefs/cuisine are somehow underrated and do not really get much attention but damn, the work that you guys put in is awesome.

Actually I have all of the books you mentioned except for Marque, which I'm going to buy next month. Anyway how was working at Bentley like?

I'm going to get Ad Hoc, Eleven Madison Park or Alinea next. Which one do you guys think I should get?

All are amazing, but EMP is in my opinion the new French Laundry. Great book, stunning photography.

I just ordered the French laundry earlier this week too.. Are the books similar?

They have the same feel I think, Keller produced an amazing book, with beautiful stories and recipes with killer photography, but I believe its modern day counter part would be EMP. If you like books, Toque was one of my favorites over the past year. I love cookbooks almost as much as knives.

I like the books with nice pictures and stuff, but I want a book with stuff that will be useful in more than anything. I'll probably end up with all 3, I just want to know which to get first..

Well I guess it depends on what you find useful, Ad Hoc is a great sunday cooking book geared I think for home cooks but with some great tips for pros, the other two are geared more for professionals or some serious home foodies. Just my two cents.

I have FL and Ad Hoc and for day to day cooking the Ad Hoc gets used much more. It is a favorite of mine. Look on Amazon for a used one, I can't remember the last time I bought as book for myself that was new.

I couldn't decide, so I ordered Ad Hoc and EMP. Alinea will have to wait

I couldn't decide, so I ordered Ad Hoc and EMP. Alinea will have to wait

I have all three and they are all fantastic. They all have very similar styles in terms of presentations, quality of photography and overall build quality. All three should be on everyone's coffee tables!

Back